General rebanding information for Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
There are questions about how the rebanding will affect individual radios and scanners.

I've seen several examples of the "first touch" of radios that are in the process of being rebanded, and so far, every one of them has followed a very simple rule:

If the old TX frequency was above 823.000 MHz, it has now been moved down exactly 15.000 MHz.

According to what I've personally seen in the codeplugs of radios that have had their "first touch" in the rebanding operation.

Elroy

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I think what you meant is if the old TX frequency is between 821 and 823 MHz is that it has been moved down exactly 15 MHz.

This has been the plan right from the start for all NPSPAC band users and is the reason why the lower 120's had to be cleared before the approximate 240 NPSPAC frequencies were assigned to that part of the spectrum, hence changing the channel numbering.

The major reason for the 2 touches is to remove the old MA CALL and MA TAC 1-4 channels as once the licenses are updated the agency is no longer licensed to the 821/866.0125, 821/866.5125, 822/867.0125, etc. frequencies.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Hey guys, thanks for the headsup

on the rebanding. I haven't been involved lately with scanning and comms because of health. But I remember now that the FCC was going to do a reband all around. When may I as is this suppose to start? I for some reason thought it was in '09. Anyway, thanks and really like this forum....

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Technically speaking, it was supposed to be COMPLETE by now!

But it's likely that it really won't be completely finished before 2011 or 2012.

Elroy

Some of the agencies that used frequencies in the 851 to 853 MHz range have been assigned new frequencies above 854 MHz. This is the first stage to clear the lower part of the band so that agencies using frequencies in the 866 to 868 MHz range can be moved down by 15 MHz. Examples of agencies that have been assigned (and are using) new frequencies include Coconut Creek Public Safety, Wackenhut Security, Miramar Local Government, Medley Police, Miami Springs, North Miami Beach, and maybe a few others.

gcr33

Elroy and I don't agree often but on this one he may be optomistic. Nexthell and the FCC are not sprinting anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.