generic radio connections: radio/db9

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
You can't use the DB-9 to connect your radio to the PC since the TM-261A doesn't have a serial connector. You need to run an audio cable from the TM-261A's speaker jack to the sound card's line input. You may want to attenuate and isolate the radio's audio before feeding it into the PC's mic or line-in jack. The TM-261 may produce way too much audio power/voltage for the PC to handle. I recommend an audio isolation transformer and fixed or variable resistor(s) to get the audio to the correct levels for the PC.

The DB-9 pins (serial port) on your PC are for those scanners which output the current frequency, alpha-tag, talkgroup etc. so they may be displayed on your audio feed. The TM-261 doesn't do any of that so you'd provide an audio-only feed with it.

You can't use the DB-9 to connect your radio to the PC since the TM-261A doesn't have a serial connector. You need to run an audio cable from the TM-261A's speaker jack to the sound card's line input. You may want to attenuate and isolate the radio's audio before feeding it into the PC's mic or line-in jack. The TM-261 may produce way too much audio power/voltage for the PC to handle. I recommend an audio isolation transformer and fixed or variable resistor(s) to get the audio to the correct levels for the PC.

The DB-9 pins (serial port) on your PC are for those scanners which output the current frequency, alpha-tag, talkgroup etc. so they may be displayed on your audio feed. The TM-261 doesn't do any of that so you'd provide an audio-only feed with it.

Dear ST-Bob,
So, I don´t need a db9 connection, is this not mandatory ?

thanks again

Marcelo

Status
Not open for further replies.