Genesee Business Radio 800 LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
I noticed the Radio Reference database for Monroe County was updated today for the "Genesee Business Radio #1 & #2" LTR 800 trunked systems. There have been regular updates for these systems posted since 2004.

I find this amazing since Genesee Business Rradio transferred all their 800 frequencies to Nextel about 10 years ago and the LTR systems were definitely shut down and replaced by Nextel by 2003. Some users went with Nextel and others went on the Genesee Business 460 LTR systems.

Who is reporting activity on a system that has not existed for years???? I can understand an abandoned system not being removed from the data base but not ongoing updates almost 10 years later????

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It doesn't look like anything was actually updated, it could've just been a re-sort of the talkgroups or some other cleanup that triggered the update flag.

If you know for certain that these systems are fully defunct, then make a submission for each saying so. It would be helpful to also include links to the old canceled licenses to support the case for having the systems removed from the database.

k2hz

Database Admin
I can't find any record in FCC ULS that the Genesee Business Radio 800 licenses ever existed. This is probably because they were licensed before ULS was implemented and were gone before the FCC completed the process of moving pre-existing licenses that were still active into the ULS database.

ULS does show that Nextel was licensed (WPSZ805) on 8/15/2001 for a site at 749 Monroe Ave in Rochester which is only a few blocks away from the Genesee Pinnacle Hill site.

This is consistent with my recollection that Nextel came to Rochester in 2000 or 2001 and made Genesee an offer they couldn't refuse to make the LTR system go away. I believe the LTR was gone in 2002 or no later than early 2003.

I am relatively new to RadioReference and do not understand your internal data base maintenance procedures. While I can understand that the recent update was a general modification of your database, I do not understand the 10/06/2004 entries that were changes to system locations and configuration long after the system was no longer active.

mciupa

It doesn't look like anything was actually updated, it could've just been a re-sort of the talkgroups or some other cleanup that triggered the update flag.

If you know for certain that these systems are fully defunct, then make a submission for each saying so. It would be helpful to also include links to the old canceled licenses to support the case for having the systems removed from the database.

You are bang on. I had noticed a number of alpha tags and modes missing in the New York Trunk Systems database. I went through all the systems to make sure that all gaps were filled. Your scanner displays should show description now rather than blanks.

What has happened to the Genesee system is that it is now listed as depreciated. This will not show up in the menu any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.