Genesee Counties Harris P25 Phase II System Is Now Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF-Burns

As of 0700hrs on 2/25/25014 the Harris P25 Phase II System is active. Three sites are currently online in Pembroke, Batavia, and Pavilion. Darian and Bergen are soon to be erected. All police, fire, and ems are currently utilizing this system along with all county and local dpw's.

New frequencies

I have submitted them to the database a few days ago but it is not updated yet. I will provide Id's as I get a list available.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
Close..

- System went live yesterday (2/26) at 0700
- Old system went offline last night (2/26)
- There are 3 more sites coming: Alabama, Bergen and Darien
- There are only 6 channels in the trunking system, not 7. 852.9875 is not one of them. That is a conventional repeater known as "East Repeater"

tpg

RF-Burns

I thought yesterday was the 25th I guess I had my dates mixed up.
I was told the East Repeater on Asbury Rd was taken offline and now that Frequencey was part of the trunked system. I guess that is wrong info. PagerGeek is the East Repeater still active as a conventional repeater or was it taken down?
Yes Alabama I just forgot to type it I guess.

Close..

- System went live yesterday (2/26) at 0700
- Old system went offline last night (2/26)
- There are 3 more sites coming: Alabama, Bergen and Darien
- There are only 6 channels in the trunking system, not 7. 852.9875 is not one of them. That is a conventional repeater known as "East Repeater"

tpg

wights

Premium Subscriber
which scanner

Will the Uniden BCD-436HP work on this new radio system? Is there special programming that needs to be done other than entering zipcode to program frequencies?

brischo

Thanks, for posting the freq.'s I knew if I looked deep enough Id get the answer to my question.
tpg is correct the east repeater is still up and its a separate channel in the new Harris radios on the 800mghz tactical system Come this summer Genesee County will go with a new fire paging system I believe the freq will be 155.17,, 46.12 will no longer be used after that

RF-Burns

I believe the freq will be 155.17,, 46.12

I was told the new paging frequency is going to be the old Sheriff paging frequency 154.875. Guess time will tell.

D

DaveNF2G

I doubt they will use 155.175 as that is the regional HEAR secondary.

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
To any of the database Mods...

The Genesee system is not part of the Monroe / Ontario regional system. Genesee is not linked with that region, yet.

tpg

Nightjock

Will the Uniden BCD-436HP work on this new radio system? Is there special programming that needs to be done other than entering zipcode to program frequencies?

Yes it will, eventually. It looks like some very kind and knowledgeable folks in your area have been working on getting the settings straight in the database you'll find here. Once you update the database in your scanner, you should be all set.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
To any of the database Mods...

The Genesee system is not part of the Monroe / Ontario regional system. Genesee is not linked with that region, yet.

tpg

From the literature I read, they are supposed to be linked into this system. Orleans County will be following in a few months. So they are in site trunking mode at this time?

D

DaveNF2G

They are independent but fully operational until linked at the backend.

samcmu7

genesee county ny phase II system

Yes it will, eventually. It looks like some very kind and knowledgeable folks in your area have been working on getting the settings straight in the database you'll find here. Once you update the database in your scanner, you should be all set.

I have updated my database this morning using the sentinel software but still cannot receive any radio transmissions from genesee county. I am located within the county. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

samcmu7

Genesee county new radio system

Are you able to pick up the radio transmissions for genesee county now? I have not been able to do so at this time even after updating the data base with sentinel this morning

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber
From the literature I read, they are supposed to be linked into this system. Orleans County will be following in a few months. So they are in site trunking mode at this time?

They are not linked as yet. Orleans and Genesee are both independent systems with the OPTION to connect to the others. However, there is nothing in place at this time.

RF-Burns

***Attention***

Whoever updated the database with the new frequencies for Genesee County, those are not what I submitted and they are wrong. Anyone who programs those into a new 436 and 536 to you will not receive anything. Use the frequencies listed above in my 1st post with the exception of 852.9875. Do not put that in.

Admins please fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.