Genesee/Orleans Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
TG 4012 is listed in the RRDB as Medina Fire but it appears to actually be West Response. This would be consistent with the other Response TG numbering. The TG was in use for a fire in Shelby and the dispatcher called the "channel" West Response.

I am also hearing occasional activity on TG 4015 that appears to be Fire or EMS response and some sort of TAC activity on TG 4034.

Occasional activity heard that appears to be Public Works in Genesee County, possibly building services, on TG10101. Communications appear to relate to maintenance activity and item on the loading dock.

I am listening to the Genesee cell from in Monroe County so my reception is intermittent and I am not familiar enough with Genesee or Orleans operations to be confident to submit to the RRDB based on what I am hearing. Does anyone have reliable info on the use of these TGs?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
And while we're at it, are we sure that Orleans TG 4007 is "EMS"? Going by the pattern @k2hz notes, TG 4007 would more likely be Center Response.

rgemerson

Premium Subscriber
On the previous Orleans County trunked radio system, each battalion had additional TGs beyond response, command, and ops. There was also a water supply channel and an EMS? channel in each battalion. I would have to assume that 4015 is either the west battalion water supply or EMS channel based on how the known talk group IDs are laid out. The other changes GTR8000 made on the Orleans County page the other day look great.

k2hz

Database Admin
Thanks for the reply. I think we can rule out 4015 as water supply since it seems to be some sort of response to dispatch rather than operations like water supply. I need to catch some more activity to pin it down. I get almost 100% reception of the CC showing TG activity but reception of voice activity on the TGs is intermittent at my location due to the SDS100 intermod and desense issues. Some times I get most voice activity and other times almost nil.

I have only rarely seen activity on 4034 and it seems like it could be an individual department admin or training activity.

It would be logical if 4005/4010/4015 are East/Central/West EMS and 4006/4011/4016 are East/Central/West Water Supply. If that pattern is true, then 4020 would be Extra EMS and 4021 would be Extra Water Supply.

I think the original listing of 4012 as Medina FD was that someone heard Medina respond on that TG and submitted it as Medina FD dispatch. And, someone probably heard some Central unit on 4007 respond to an EMS call and submitted it as EMS dispatch.

I assume Holley and adjacent Towns are East, Albion and adjacent Towns are Central and Medina and adjacent Towns are West.

rgemerson

Premium Subscriber
You assume correctly sir. I was also going to say 4034 is probably an FD admin channel based on their numbering system. I honestly don't think 4015 would be West EMS though. The reason I say that is because there is only 1 ambulance agency in that battalion, so why not just use their private channel?

k2hz

Database Admin
The interesting thing is that there are no confirmed EMS TGs listed for Orleans and I am not hearing any EMS specific activity. In addition to my intermittent reception, I am listening on the Genesee system so not all Orleans TGs may be carried. It has been a while since I listened to 46.08 paging but there used to be a lot of calls for COVA and I am not hearing them on the P25 system.

Activity on 4015 also seems to be accompanied by a 505xx system patch indication and what voice I do hear seems to be acknowledging a call which is why I rule out water supply.

I am going to start also listening to 46.08 again to see what is going on.

D

DaveNF2G

You assume correctly sir. I was also going to say 4034 is probably an FD admin channel based on their numbering system. I honestly don't think 4015 would be West EMS though. The reason I say that is because there is only 1 ambulance agency in that battalion, so why not just use their private channel?

Because the radio shops that design and program these systems probably make an identical setup for each division the user wants (in this case, battalions). It doesn't matter to them - and they probably don't even know - whether the actual loading will be identical.

k2hz

Database Admin
I think it will take someone in Orleans County to sort this out. My reception of 46.08 now varies from nil to just breaking the squelch with the present noise level on Low Band.

What I am hearing is Albion Fire acknowledging a dispatch on 4010 and then responding units en route and on-scene working on 4007. West Fire units acknowledging on 4015 and then responding units go to 4012. Both 4010 and 4015 also show a 50xxx Patch ID along with the TG ID. I am not hearing any EMS activity but it is obvious I am only hearing a limited amount of the actual Orleans TG activity.

It appears that 4005/4010/4015/4020 are not EMS but are used for the initial acknowledgement of an alarm. Since a patch seems to be involved, I wonder if these TGs are patched to 46.08 so personnel with Minitors can hear that the alarm has been acknowledged?

This is all wild speculation on my part since I am only hearing bits and pieces of what is happening and I am also puzzled why I don't hear any EMS activity unless it happens on separate TGs that are not carried over the Genesee side of the system.

RF-Burns

All Genesee County Talkgroups were taken directly out of a Harris XG-25 currently on the system at a local Genesee County FD. If a talkgroup is listed wrong then it is the fault of the Genesee County Sheriff's Office, as they personally did all the programming of the radios on the system and they refuse to allow any radio shop to program radios. Thanks to some of us in the ham world, we own and know more about these radios than the sheriffs's office and quickly read and posted every talkgroup as it is in the radio.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The main focus of this thread is on the Orleans Fire/EMS talkgroups, not Genesee. I don't see anyone disputing the Genesee listings.

k2hz

Database Admin
The Genesee Public Safety TGs all seem to be correct in the DB. The only issue I raised about Genesee is one or more Public Works TGs seem to be omitted.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Well, over on the other side of Erie County, I'm getting an okay signal, broken voice, but I'm still content that im pulling it in with basically junk. I have been getting a bunch of hits on some undetermined TG's incase anyone in that area wants to give them a shot

TG 10057 - ENC traffic (not sure who that would be, incase anyone can match up the RID's with another associated TG, assuming its GCSO)
TG 10151
TG 10153
TG 50568
TG 50573
TG 50575

UPDATE on 10057 - Same RID came up on the Jail Control TG, so its gotta be something GCSO related

Status
Not open for further replies.