Genessee siren test

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Bump
Recently, Calhoun county has been experiencing issues with siren testing, and according to an enthusiast i've been talking to, changes in dispatches have been causing the sirens to be toned out too quickly or they've been missing tones causing sirens to fail. I am not sure how true that is, but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this?

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Last thing here, but DrDispatch, would you happen to know why the Pennfield Twp. Offices siren was disconnected? Last time it ran (February Test) it got stuck doing the full cycle and the radio could not recieve the cancel tones, eluding to a radio failure. Is this why it was disconnected?
We just had 2 new sirens installed in the Pennfield area: One at the Pennfield Schools on Pennfield Road, and one at Bailey Park.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Bump
Recently, Calhoun county has been experiencing issues with siren testing, and according to an enthusiast i've been talking to, changes in dispatches have been causing the sirens to be toned out too quickly or they've been missing tones causing sirens to fail. I am not sure how true that is, but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this?
I will say that there have been instances where perhaps it was an equipment malfunction, or it may have been human error. The enthusiast you have spoken with would probably tell you that there was a time when you could have set your watch by the siren test, but a turnover in personnel (to include a couple of retirements) has led to a "knowledge leak". That's about all I can say & still be kind,,,,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.