Geneva lake water safety patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayercpa

Im not sure what they have done with their transmissions. Their license expired last year. They renewed it with a new call sign wqts437. Freqs are 153.245 and 159.675. The transmissions now appear to be scrambled, encoded or perhaps trunked? Anyway the scanner hits the freqs but all i get is noise.
Can anyone shed some light on what is going on with the lake patrol?

kayercpa

Thanks so much for the reference. I listened to everyone of the examples. It really sounds most like the Kennwood noises under the trunking catagory. Not sure this makes sense in the VHF (154Mhz) spectrum.
It sounds like data bursts which last the duration of the message. At the end, the tone (speed?) of the burst changes. This happens every transmission, and on each of the two frequencies assigned. I expect its the base and mobiles responding.
Is there a way I could send you my noise or would you be at all interested and then giving an opinion on it?
If so please let me know how to do it most efficiently. It would be great to know if it is something there is a chance of receiving.
And thanks again, people like you make the hobby much more fun.
Karl

zsauve

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much for the reference. I listened to everyone of the examples. It really sounds most like the Kennwood noises under the trunking catagory. Not sure this makes sense in the VHF (154Mhz) spectrum.
It sounds like data bursts which last the duration of the message. At the end, the tone (speed?) of the burst changes. This happens every transmission, and on each of the two frequencies assigned. I expect its the base and mobiles responding.
Is there a way I could send you my noise or would you be at all interested and then giving an opinion on it?
If so please let me know how to do it most efficiently. It would be great to know if it is something there is a chance of receiving.
And thanks again, people like you make the hobby much more fun.
Karl

Sounds like it could be conventional kenwood nexedge audio which would make sense for VHF. Conventional repeaters make the same sort of sound your describing if you listen to it on a non nexedge radio

kayercpa

nexedge listening

Is is correct to assume that I will NOT be able to listed to nexedge transmissions on a regular consumer scanner?

Thanks again for ALL of your help.
I really do appreciate it.

Karl

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.