George Bush insists that Iran must not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
It DOESNT matter.

blueprints are one thing. Those things dont pop unless you have the advanced industrial ability to purify and machine the components involved. Everything is highly corrossive and if the know-how is not there, your materials can spoil before your eyes. So In theory these are not complex devices, but neither is a full-size aircraft carrier. (just a big boat with a big road on top of it. Right? ;) ) Yet Russia couldnt get one single full-size carrier together in 40 years of development without major constraints.

USA, Russia, France, Britain, and China had a monopoly on the technology, industry, and know-how for 60 years to make these things. Anyone who got them in the meantime got them as a result of one of those four powers "letting" them have the technology and industry to do it. The problem is that technological development of the needed components is within the reach of developing nations due to worldwide techonological advance for small-scale production, but anyone making an actual "arsenal" is at the blessing of one of the four above powers. And I would shorten that list to USA, France, and Russia myself as the primary dissimaters of that information and tech.

If anything was "let out of the bag" it was most likely disinformation. Plans for a dud, or too unstable to weaponize. Why blow up a weapons plant when they could do it themselves? ;)

Last edited:

car2back

Call me a (insert childish and politically biased name here) , but who are we to decide what another sovereign country should be able to do or not do? IMHO it'd be like my neighbor going on a tirade about how many guns or how much ammo I have in my home- it's none of his business!

To help quell the fight beforehand, I will say that I think should they actually develop a WMD and present a REAL threat (not an imaginary one this time) We should actually declare war and turn Iran into a big hole in the sand.

Airdorn

Premium Subscriber
Well, if your neighbor had a thousand pounds of TNT packed all around his house and carelessly played with the detonator, then you would probably be right in having something to say about what your neighbor is doing.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
USA, Russia, France, Britain, and China had a monopoly on the technology, industry, and know-how for 60 years to make these things. Anyone who got them in the meantime got them as a result of one of those four powers "letting" them have the technology and industry to do it.

USA, Russia, France, Britain, and China would add up to five countries, just saying ;)

zz0468

QRT
Good point. I forgot about North Korea's little firecracker... Who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.