Georgetown FD, New Repeater Frequency for Meadow Ridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
From what I understand a new frequency has been licensed to the Georgetown Fire Department for use as a dedicated repeater at the Meadow Ridge Retirement community. The new frequency will be linked into the low band 33.7200 frequency.

The license callsign is WQLD635 and the new frequencies are 464.9625 (FB2 and MO) and 469.9625 (MO).

I was wondering does anyone happen to know if Redding Comm has the ability to transmit on this frequency or are they still going through the low band 33.7200 MHz?

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
The other night I heard a Redding Ridge ems call go out over both the 33.7200 frequency and the 464.9625 frequency. The coverage with this new frequency seems pretty good. I wonder if the Redding Comm dispatcher has an option in the console to transmit out over this frequency or whether or not the 33.7200 is just being simulcasted over this new frequency.

MarkB513

Georgetown

I'm betting it's just a simulcast of the low band, especially if you are hearing the mobile units. Since Redding Comm is already transmitting on the low band, they wouldn't need to transmit directly from it on the console. I wonder if you can transmit into the repeater on 469.9625 and end up on the low band? What PL/DPL are you getting on 464.9625?

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I was talking to one of my friends who is with the Georgetown Fire Department and it looks like it is just a simulcast of the low band for the portables. I found a DPL tone of 412.

I'm betting it's just a simulcast of the low band, especially if you are hearing the mobile units. Since Redding Comm is already transmitting on the low band, they wouldn't need to transmit directly from it on the console. I wonder if you can transmit into the repeater on 469.9625 and end up on the low band? What PL/DPL are you getting on 464.9625?

Cskib32087

You said-----> "I will test hitting the system on 469 tomorrow"

Did you just post on a public forum that you were going to break the law? A federal one at that?

Really?

eclipse175

Cskib...... did you really just accuse me of something you know nothing about?

Really?

Seeing as how you are apparently the FCC/Radio Reference forum police, I will inform you that I am fully authorized to transmit on that frequency.

Thank you, however, for your concern.

eclipse175

Got nothing form it today.... It might be specifically for inside the ridge. I tried getting a kickback from a few different points in wilton today.

Anyone with more info please advise

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I thought it was also for use for just inside Meadow Ridge till I was in Ridgefield and was receiving West Redding and Redding Ridge calls going out over that frequency. I also picked up a DPL of 412.

Eclipse what type of radio were you using?

eclipse175

Are we certain the transmitter is at redding ridge? I will give it another shot in a few minutes. I am transmitting 469.9625 with a DPL of 412 receiving no kick back.

You said Redding Comm monitors the frequency? I will try and call in for a radio check.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I am pretty certain that the transmitter is at Meadow Ridge according to the license and a friend who is with the Georgetown Fire Department. I am not sure if Redding Comm monitors the frequency. If you tune into either 33.7200 they should be doing a tone test at 630pm which is in about 5 minutes.

Eclipse, all three departments in redding have drills on Monday nights so you may be able to get in touch with someone there.

Last edited:

eclipse175

I unfortunately was at dinner when the tests were going out so I could not check. I am not going to interrupt the drills. Monday night is standard. We drill on Mondays also. Ill check into it more next weekend.

Cskib32087

Somehow I doubt it. If you were "fully authorized" then you would already know their is no 469 side to the "Repeater" you would know what Georgetown is programming into their portables to talk on it, and you would know where its located and how it is being used
Im thinking your something like a spark from another department with the freqs in his radio for when you go mutual aid to georgetown

Cskib...... did you really just accuse me of something you know nothing about?

Really?

Seeing as how you are apparently the FCC/Radio Reference forum police, I will inform you that I am fully authorized to transmit on that frequency.

Thank you, however, for your concern.

eclipse175

Cskib,

Before I further entertain this discussion let me ask you a few things.

1) Are you on the job for any public safety organization?
2) Are you with georgetown fire?
3) Do you work for the FCC?
4) Do you know who maintains georgetowns radio system?
5) Are you yourself charged with maintaining any public safety radio systems?

If you answered yes to any of these questions I will engage in further discussion with you privately. If not kindly shut up and stop assuming that every user on this board is some "spark" that just wants every frequency possible in his or her radio.

Also, please enlighten me as to why a public safety repeater broadcasting at 464.9625 would not have an input of 5mhz+ at 469.9625?

This "spark" would be embarrassed to find out there was a better system his department could have the capability of using but did not have access to during mutual aid to our neighbors in Georgetown. I certainly would not be in charge of maintaining our communication system any more if that were the case.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Just to clarify here is the link to the FCC website that has the frequency information (464.9625 and 469.9625) for the Georgetown Fire Department.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQLD635 - Georgetown Fire

Some additional information:

- License was granted on December 15, 2009 so it is a fairly new frequency.

000464.96250000 1 1 1 FB2 1 25.000 52.000
000464.96250000 2 1 1 MO 80 25.000 25.000
000469.96250000 2 1 2 MO 80 25.000 25.00

Control point is listed as 96 Hill Road, Redding, CT 06896 which is the Redding Communications Center.

Currently Georgetown is using 453.0625 as their cross band repeater frequency.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
First, I will address the poster's concerns:

1) Are you on the job for any public safety organization? YES
2) Are you with georgetown fire? NO
3) Do you work for the FCC? ANY FCC LICENSE HOLDER IS REQUIRED TO REPORT ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, SO FOR YOUR PURPOSES, YES
4) Do you know who maintains georgetowns radio system? NO
5) Are you yourself charged with maintaining any public safety radio systems? NOT CURRENTLY, BUT I HAVE OWNED A TWO WAY RADIO SHOP IN THE PAST WITH THIS RESPONSIBILITY.

Your department may be authorized to utilize this frequency through a MOA with Georgetown, and, by extension, you are authorized to use YOUR DEPARTMENT'S RADIOS while ON DUTY to communicate with Georgetown. Even if your department authorizes you to use your personal portable on duty, that authorization is ONLY for their frequency, unless you have a specific MOA with Georgetown.

That said, I do not believe you have sufficient authorization, nor do you have enough understanding to be attempting to transmit into this repeater on your own time. Most public safety systems now employ split PL/DPL systems on their repeaters to discourage the exact activity you are trying to perform. If you had the appropriate authorization, a simple call to their radio system manager would get you the answer you're looking for, and you would know better than to share it in a public forum

Cskib32087

Ill answer these and then we are done since you proved my point for me.

1) Are you on the job for any public safety organization? YES
2) Are you with georgetown fire? NO
3) Do you work for the FCC? What Citywide-173 Said
4) Do you know who maintains georgetowns radio system? YES
5) Are you yourself charged with maintaining any public safety radio systems? YES

Also, please enlighten me as to why a public safety repeater broadcasting at 464.9625 would not have an input of 5mhz+ at 469.9625? >>>>
Well its not a public safety frequency its a business frequency. Its not the input because its not being used in that way at this time.

My info on you is based on you post in the Alaska boards asking for the frequencies and PLs for the state park you were hiking in so you could program your radio to talk to the park rangers because you are an EMT, then this post, looks like you go around thinking you can transmit on anything you want

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I just wanted to let you guys know that I apologize if this thread spiraled out of control, it wasn't my intention to open up a can of worms and create somewhat of a posting war.

-Chris

eclipse175

If you have knowledge of how the system is being used why didn't you share it to begin with? This entire conversation could have been avoided

I use my department issued radio.

In Alaska I ended up getting written permission from the Park Rangers who also provided me with their tones.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
4th post down tells us what it is. Its like they put a fire truck with a cross band repeater at meadow ridge. Normal setup, many places do that. It works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.