Georgetown/Floyd County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi!

I'm going to be visiting family in Floyd County...specifically Georgetown and New Albany. Looking at the freqs there, are all of the fire depts (or at least in Georgetown and New Albany) on 800 mhz or are they still on VHF? Hows it work there? Thanks!

jerk

laggroup said:
Hi!

I'm going to be visiting family in Floyd County...specifically Georgetown and New Albany. Looking at the freqs there, are all of the fire depts (or at least in Georgetown and New Albany) on 800 mhz or are they still on VHF? Hows it work there? Thanks!

County Fire is VHF, Ambulance is UHF, City fire is 800MHZ as well as Police and Sheriff.
It is LTR trunked. 154.1900 is simulcast of city 800 dispatches.

AL

SCPD

QRT
So would Georgetown be on VHF? I think I got New Albany figured out after your post, so mostly looking at Georgetown. Thanks for the reply!

jerk

laggroup said:
So would Georgetown be on VHF? I think I got New Albany figured out after your post, so mostly looking at Georgetown. Thanks for the reply!
Yes, VHF repeater, Harrison Count the same, and Washington County, as well as Clark Co, so you may as well put those in as well.

Across the river, Louisville is UHF, Ambulance is UHF, County Fire is VHF, lots to listen too.

AL

SCPD

QRT
Okay, I have a couple of more questions if someone would be so kind as to help me out.

See if I have this right...

Who provides ambulance services in Floyd County? Do the volly fire departments have ambulances or first responders? What about New Albany, do they have thier own ambulance.

Looks like in my searches that Rural Metro provides ambulance service in Georgetown and Lafayette Townships, and the fire departments first respond. Is this true? Thanks a million!

jerk

laggroup said:
Okay, I have a couple of more questions if someone would be so kind as to help me out.

See if I have this right...
Who provides ambulance services in Floyd County? Do the volly fire departments have ambulances or first responders? What about New Albany, do they have thier own ambulance.

Looks like in my searches that Rural Metro provides ambulance service in Georgetown and Lafayette Townships, and the fire departments first respond. Is this true? Thanks a million!

For the City of New Albany, they provide rescue-ambulance service to Floyd County hospital only. If the patient wants to go to another hospital, a private ambulance is called.

The County is covered by Yellow Ambulance, and the Fire Departments provide First Responders.

Rural/Metro used to have the area, but if I recall right has not for several years. Yellow ambulance also cover Jeffersonville City only, and the rest of Clark Count is covered by Clark CO EMS, better known as Sellersburg ambulance.

I will attach my BCD396T files to the message, has Floyd LTR, and then Floyd/Harrison Counties Conventional frequencies, which I am still monitoring and updating. I can't monitor Floyd County from my home so I get only when traveling close to the area.

I can also attach Safe-T for Floyd and Henryville sites if you like, I have a Harrison site also, but usually don't/can't receive it so it's not kept up to date.

AL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.