Georgia Forestry Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Looking for any information on GFC's new narrowband frequencies. They are licensed and typically close to existing/previous GFC frequencies, but I note they are not updated on any district maps or other documents that I can find in RR or otherwise.

Does anyone know if this conversion has already taken place, and also if this is simply narrowband or a conversion to P25 as some of the US Forestry now operates? The district I am in has not yet changed, so it would be nice to hear input from other parts of the state so we can update RR as the changes take place. I of course will be monitoring everywhere I go, but I won't be traveling in the next couple of months and I'm only able to help update southeast and southwest Georgia for a while.

CSHIFTLT

Feed Provider
All GFC radios have been updated or replaced for narrowband,, most all repeaters and the replacement are p25 capable and some are used (p25, depending on district), a couple of repeaters are in the works for coverage problems in narrowbanding. should see the new freq.'s in the fcc database,

hope this helps
stan

ecps92

So are you saying the new Rptrs are Dual Mode ?
IF so, then the Database should keep the CTCSS tones

All GFC radios have been updated or replaced for narrowband,, most all repeaters and the replacement are p25 capable and some are used (p25, depending on district), a couple of repeaters are in the works for coverage problems in narrowbanding. should see the new freq.'s in the fcc database,

hope this helps
stan

Status
Not open for further replies.