Georgia GMRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeddleMan

Just stated a new page on Facebook for the operators in our area. Needing ideas, pics, friends. Not just repeaters and bubble packs. Come and help me have some fun. Mods, relocate, if you must. Thanks in advance, William.

MeddleMan

posting a link here to my Facebook page

How do I find the proper link to post here for my Georgia GMRS page on Facebook?

MeddleMan

easy find

I used the search link on Facebook, entered "Georgia" and it was like the third or forth entry to select.

MeddleMan

thanks for the link!

That's likely because it's a frequent page for you....

Here is the direct link, found searching for "Georgia GMRS": https://www.facebook.com/groups/519404848187711/
Hey, Jay! I greatly thank you for that. Since my laptop crashed I've had little more than couple of phones and tablets to access this and other sites. Least to say, limiting access to things like links, I've just been unable to learn how to post them like I'd want to. Now, I hope some interest can be started on the subject in another place too. Thanks again, Jay.

MeddleMan

things are really picking up!

Already, were had a few new members join up since the link had been applied to this post! Remember, you don't have to live in Georgia to become a member of this page. Just come with ideas and pictures and he ready to help out with questions with solutions to common problems. Thanks again!

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
what he said. All I hear on the GMRS repeaters other those anonymous kerchunk fetish folks are a couple of people.

I can scan for days and hear very little.

Didn't see the point to spending another $85-90 or whatever to renew my GMRS license.

MeddleMan

rapid charger...

what he said. All I hear on the GMRS repeaters other those anonymous kerchunk fetish folks are a couple of people.

I can scan for days and hear very little.

Didn't see the point to spending another $85-90 or whatever to renew my GMRS license.

...this is why.

rapidcharger

...this is why.

What are you using to monitor?
Just because you don't hear activity doesn't mean those radio services aren't being used. They just might not be a wide area repeater or network of repeaters of people who are desirous of talking to one another. Those kinds of systems and those kinds of users are rare exceptions to the norm. The vast majority of GMRS and FRS users have little interest in radio and talking to strangers but do wish to communicate with others in their immediately family.

MeddleMan

read it all again

I don't have any problems monitoring. I'd like to generate more use among those with and without proper equipment and/or licensing. I'm not necessarily one of them. Just not as equipped as some.

rapidcharger

I don't have any problems monitoring.

I didn't mean to suggest that you do (have problems monitoring), just that you quoted MTS2000DES and said "this is why" but he said he listens to the repeaters and doesn't hear activity there. There is an active club or group for those repeaters but the repeaters don't appear to be heavily used. Either way, I offer a new possible explanation as to why nobody hears anything and that might not be because nobody uses the radio service. It might be because they are not using repeaters and don't have any interest in talking to strangers. The talking-to-strangers radio service is the amateur radio service.

Status
Not open for further replies.