Georgia, need help verifying frequencies, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Alright Georgia
Here is the second list of Counties I went through and found outdated or duplicate frequencies listed on the county pages. Please go to your area of monitoring and submit updates. Let us know if it's not used, out dated, or if Sheriff / Police are dispatched from the Sheriff Dispatch center. Also the old MRD channels are pretty much not used anymore. Let me know so I can update the database. These updates benefit everyone.
Thanks for your help.
Dan

Attachments

• List2.jpg
    List2.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 862

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Delete Dooly County 154.740. Old MRD channel, no longer in use. A decade ago we used to get skip from Phoenix City, AL on that frequency.

kt4cv

Feed Provider
Barrow SO and Statham PD are on a APCO 25 digital system and dispatched from Barrow central comm center. The frequency
can be removed.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
Barrow SO and Statham PD are on a APCO 25 digital system and dispatched from Barrow central comm center. The frequency
can be removed.

If there is anything else on Barrow County that is incorrect, let me know. I will deprecate the channels.
Thanks

kt4cv

Feed Provider
I will confirm some more tomorrow when I speak to the dispatchers. Hold off on Statham for now but I can confirm Barrow SO and Winder PD are on the digital system and do not use the analog VHF frequencies at all. I'll check on Auburn and Bethlehem as well.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.3; en-us; HTC6500LVW 4G Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

The GPSTC frequentcy is correct at 460.575, it is gpstc only and is a very local repeater - hear maintenance and gpstc ops but never Monroe SO. Monroe SO is still on the 460.175 frequency also, with fire/ems still on vhf frequency. Monroe looks all correct to me. I live in Albany and will try to get the more rural counties down here confirmed, although I must say that most of the rural counties are now NXDN or MotoTRBO more commonly. Yes that includes sheriff departments with only a chief or one or two deputies that don't work at night. Will get back with you.

kt4cv

Feed Provider
Info for Barrow County:
All LE comms are on the APCO 25 Digital system (Encrypted) and dispatched from Barrow Central communications.
None of the VHF listed frequencies are in use for LE, even as a backup. This includes the cities of Statham, Winder, Auburn, Carl, and Bethlehem.

For Fire/EMS, including WInder FD, they are also on the APCO 25 Digital System. All but one of the listed frequencies are not in use, even for backup. The only VHF analog frequency listed should be 154.160 as it is a simulcast of FD comms used for paging purposes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
Info for Barrow County:
All LE comms are on the APCO 25 Digital system (Encrypted) and dispatched from Barrow Central communications.
None of the VHF listed frequencies are in use for LE, even as a backup. This includes the cities of Statham, Winder, Auburn, Carl, and Bethlehem.

For Fire/EMS, including WInder FD, they are also on the APCO 25 Digital System. All but one of the listed frequencies are not in use, even for backup. The only VHF analog frequency listed should be 154.160 as it is a simulcast of FD comms used for paging purposes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Made the updates.

KD4SHK

Fayette Freq

Info sent on Fayette freq (It is the VHF pager channel for the Fayette Co FD, usually simulcast with their 800 trunked Dispatch channel).

thedogfood

While not on the list, the freqs for City of East Point, Fulton County also need updating.

159.21000 KIC376 PL107.2 formerly used for PD Dispatch is now used for public utilities (meter readers). Law dispatch moved to the Atlanta P25 system. 159.2100 was once one of the best VHF repeaters in this region. Shame the booming signal is now dedicated to meter cut-offs.
158.77500 KFV817 EP Fire dispatch traffic is also on Atlanta's P25. EPFD originally moved to Fulton County's conventional trunked and stayed there while the PD side remained on VHF. But now they're both on on Atlanta's P25.
154.13000 KIS436 was used for "channel 3" PD talk-around back in the day. Never heard any fire traffic on it; only PD. This T/A traffic was also moved to the Atlanta P25 system. Most likely no longer used at all.

My guess is these last two are also no longer in use. What didn't move to Atlanta P25 is probably using the old 159.21 repeater.

460.38750 WNUR541 M EPointFD3875 Fire Tac FM Fire-Tac
158.25000 WNDA736 RM EPointSvcs City Services

wise871

Database Admin
While not on the list, the freqs for City of East Point, Fulton County also need updating.

159.21000 KIC376 PL107.2 formerly used for PD Dispatch is now used for public utilities (meter readers). Law dispatch moved to the Atlanta P25 system. 159.2100 was once one of the best VHF repeaters in this region. Shame the booming signal is now dedicated to meter cut-offs.
158.77500 KFV817 EP Fire dispatch traffic is also on Atlanta's P25. EPFD originally moved to Fulton County's conventional trunked and stayed there while the PD side remained on VHF. But now they're both on on Atlanta's P25.
154.13000 KIS436 was used for "channel 3" PD talk-around back in the day. Never heard any fire traffic on it; only PD. This T/A traffic was also moved to the Atlanta P25 system. Most likely no longer used at all.

My guess is these last two are also no longer in use. What didn't move to Atlanta P25 is probably using the old 159.21 repeater.

460.38750 WNUR541 M EPointFD3875 Fire Tac FM Fire-Tac
158.25000 WNDA736 RM EPointSvcs City Services

Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Updates

Dan:

155.595 is no longer used by Habersham County, nor Baldwin, Cornelia or Clarkesville Police. In fact, and I've not been able to personally verify this, but I've been told all Habersham County (including cities) law enforcement has switched to a VHF MotoTRBO system. I can confirm that in the past 3-4 years, I've been unable to monitor ANY radio traffic on any of their licensed VHF frequencies.

I can confirm (as recently as today) that they are still dispatching on their two primary fire frequencies:

155.310 Habersham County Fire Dispatch
156.165 Clarkesville Fire Dispatch

Both are dispatched by Habersham County. Again, it is my understanding that the fire departments will eventually join law enforcement on MotoTRBO.

Mike
"Metrofire31"
WQIT636
Franklin, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.