Georgia PSC Weigh Stations Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewmurray

Hello everyone, does anyone know their frequency, i have a digital scanner and i have the 2 frequencies on my scanner and i have never heard anything, i wonder if they gone to the new APCO-25 Digital system. like Lowmdes County ? i listen to lowndes all the time, and i would like to know where they are,and weighing trucks.sense I'am a local truck driver it would be helpful.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Georgia Weigh Stations

It's my belief that they use a combination of frequencies, including the Motor Carrier Control Division (MCCD) of the PSC - 156.225. They also operate on the Georgia Sheriff's Net (154.935) and the Georgia Sheriff's Car-Car channel (154.905). Truthfully, unless you live within a mile or less of one of these stations, you pass them so quickly on the interstate you aren't likely to hear them very much. They may also operate on the channels of the closest law enforcement agency (ies).

Metrofire31
Atlanta

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
The seldom use two way radio at the weigh station itself BUT when they need to make a traffic stop or run a tag outside the office they are almost always on GSP VHF. Call sign is "MCCD and then their number", or "Motor Carrier and then their number". They also use simplex state band or simplex GSP car/car which is low power and you must be very close by to hear.

Much of what goes on at the weigh stations is done over the phone or on their GCIC terminal inside the building.

Lowndes County is P25 but the state agencies are not on that system with primary ops. MCCD and GSP still use VHF as their primary comms even in Lowndes and most of the state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.