Georgia statewide assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2YQW

First, I want to say sorry if I have posted this Thread in the wrong place. I wasn't sure if it should be database [as it appears to be a database problem] or programing software.

Now, I am trying to program highway patrol frequencies for the Rt 95 corridor from NJ to Florida. I am aware that Florida is fully encrypted. I plan to use the info I hear about Rt 95 so that I can avoid traffic.

When I open my conventional import window and select Georgia and Statewide, I get an error saying "The returned data contained no conventional category information"

Opening the Trunking import window for the same, it gives me the option "Southern Company LINC 800MHz (Georgia)" However clicking it shows 73 "Empty" sites with no talk groups.

I am using Win500 with the Radio Reference import wizard. Looking at the RR database I see several trunk systems and conventional frequencies, but nothing comes up through the import wizard.

Is anybody else having the same problem?

KC2YQW

and the conventional and other trunking systems? The don't seem to show in the import window, however they do show when clicking "GA Department of Public Safety " on the RR database page

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
That I'm not sure of but I know its not a database issue so I've moved your thread to the Scanner Programming Software forum. Somebody there should be able to help you.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Look under Georgia again, Georgia State Agencies, Department of Public Safety.
GaryH

KC2YQW

Sounds like your talking about the actual website. I cant find the option your talking about. Below are screen shots of what I am finding on the Win500 import feature. Its the database import I am having problems with.

Attachments

• RR help1.jpg
    RR help1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 236
  • RR help 2.jpg
    RR help 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 244
  • RR help 3.jpg
    RR help 3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 237
  • RR help 4.jpg
    RR help 4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 247

KC2YQW

Look under Georgia again, Georgia State Agencies, Department of Public Safety.
GaryH

There is no "Georgia state agencies" option on the import wizard unless I am missing something. Please view the images above to see whats going on.

Also the LINC trunking system is not scanable as per the DB admin

N8IAA

Third screen shot. Click on Agencies in Georgia . Click on Georgia Department of Public Safety.
It will show you what is available for GSP, conventional and trunked.
Then you can import it to Win500, or whatever you are using.
Larry

KC2YQW

N8IAA, Thank you I have loaded the conventional frequencies into the software. I am still having problems with the Trunking system. The software wants me to choose a county. I am trying to load the SEGARRN system, but Win500 doesn't seem to know it exists, instead it wants me to select the LINC network.

I also tried to do a manual download using the CSV file, but that doesn't seem to work either.

KC2YQW

**Update

I was able to find the SEGARRN system by looking up a couple counties. I would think that since the GSP uses the system that covers 8 or 9 counties that it would be a statewide system. I guess that logic was wrong. Maybe the admins will add a note advising to look up a county where there is a SEGARRN repeater to load the system to avoid the confusion.

Thanks again to everyone who helped,
Mike

KC2YQW

Mike, I understand there's a note in the RR database under public safety saying the GSP uses the SEGARRN system as well as standard conventional frequencies. What it doesn't say is that even though its a state agency, you can not look for it under the statewide trunking network, as SEGARRN is not statewide. Someone like me who isn't from the area wouldn't know this. The only statewide trunking system is the LINC, which as you said, scanners cannot receive.

I had finally given up on the import feature and was going to enter the information manually when I found there are only a handful of sites. I got an idea, and checked a county that was listed with a SEGARRN site and boom, Found her!

Im not saying anyone has to post it, but I think a note saying import users should look under a county for SEGARRN, or the SEGARRN system should be made available as a statewide trunk system so that other users don't become confused when they cant find this system.

lep

This is a little late but maybe will still be of help, SEGARRN is *not* owned or operated by the State of Georgia. It is owned and operated by a consortium counties that has a board of directors from the participant counties. Georgia state patrol is simply one State Agency that, among several, that is a user. SEGARRN is not a State agency nor is it intended to operate other than in the southeastern portion of the State, hence the name.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
159 counties in Georgia, and 9 of them use SEGRRN, and you think it should be considered "statewide"?

On that note, I am seeing a LOT of GBI, DOJJ, DOC, etc. unmarked and marked vehicles lately with 800mhz antenna on the trunk. Appears to be 700800MHz, about 18" long with a curl below center, no other antennas seen. This is in rural areas nowhere near known 800/700 trunking systems. Is something going on, or are they using those for all (vhf/uhf, etc.) coms?

lep

Actually I have such an antenna on an NMO mount on the right rear fender of my vehicle. I use it to listen to 700 trunking in a rural area...can you be more specific about the counties where you are seeing these vehicles? (there is a GBI regional office, for example, in my rural town).

Status
Not open for further replies.