Georgia Trunked Systems with GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
Are there any Trunked Systems in Georgia that send messages and along with those GPS coordinates? Because in SDRTrunk there is a map feature and I was wanting to test it out. However, I do not know of any GA Trunking Systems that utilize GPS coordinates with their messages.

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
I have occasionally seen GPS coordinates on the Fleet Talk NEXEDGE system, including those from Gordon County school buses (I think). In the Dalton area, the Dalton Communications NEXEDGE and Communications and Electronics Cap+ systems have some talkgroups whose users send coordinates. I've also found several conventional DMR systems for ready-mix concrete and utility companies that have their trucks transmitting their coordinates.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
I have occasionally seen GPS coordinates on the Fleet Talk NEXEDGE system, including those from Gordon County school buses (I think). In the Dalton area, the Dalton Communications NEXEDGE and Communications and Electronics Cap+ systems have some talkgroups whose users send coordinates. I've also found several conventional DMR systems for ready-mix concrete and utility companies that have their trucks transmitting their coordinates.
Do you know of any inside of Fulton County by chance?

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
Do you know of any inside of Fulton County by chance?
I searched my DSD+ logs and didn’t find any. You may have to try monitoring Fleet Talk, SmartRadio or another DMR or NXDN system for a while in order to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.