• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

gerber tactical flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdfdems286

anyone on here have the gerber 3 watt tactical flashlight ?.i've heard several good thing's about them.supposedly it's so bright gerber recomend's you don't look directly at it.this is one of the newer led light's.the lowest price tag i've found for it is $42.00.any opinion's either way ?.anybody know of a cheaper source for them ?.btw i have the less expensive dorcy led light that i'm pretty happy with.has about a 80 hour run time with usefull light.

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah man unless you're into vanity and want to show off a name brand to a buddy, you'd be paying too much for the Gerber name. Tons of these Luxeon LED flashlights on the market now. Look on ebay for LED Flashlights. Google LED Flashlights.

All now generation white leds are too high intensity to shine into your eyes. ALL of them

Here's just 2 good sources for cheap 9-16 led FL's that use 2 x AA batteries. I recommend using AA battery models rather than AAA's.

http://www.nonstopled.com 9 bulb, AA, $5.00

http://www.ledshoppe.com 16 bulb, AA $10.00, free ship USA

good luck

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Wally World is selling replacement LED bulbs for 2,3,4,5,6 cell Maglites for $20 or so. I'll wait until the price comes down before I try them though.

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey Larry, That IS a cheap price. These things used to be over $40. May not get much cheaper for some time.

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
RB,

In my experience at Walmart they roll out something at one price and then is creeps down depending on demand. I have 3 mags that I would want to convert eventually. I have already bought the MiniMag kit and I am very happy with the bulbs but the tail cap has stopped working.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.