Get those scanners ready for winter storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Central Indiana is now under a winter storm warning for Tuesday 2-2 thru Weds 2-3-14 for 5 to 10 inches of snow. This is a excellent time to listen and verify freqs used by city county, and state road crews.Also would be a great idea to make sure you have extra batteries and supplies available. If a frequency is not in the database for Indiana for your county please note the frequency and report it.

KC9NEG

Hopefully reception holds up on the feed scanner for everyone throughout the storm, especially if I can't get to my office to monkey with the antenna.

W9NES

HEy, usswood, The Winter Storm warning was issued today Mon 2-3-14 at 3PM. This cancels the Winter Storm Watch. The Winter Storm warning did go into effect at 3PM on Mon 2-3-14.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Where's that image of Picard and Riker doing a double face palm? It would be useful now.

aaron315

For future reference: Calendar

DoubleFacepalm.jpg

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
LOL! OK.. Cold, cold go away. Do NOT ever come back ANY day.
Enough snow for 3 years, this cold is boring me to tears.
-35 wind chill blows, now I can't feel my nose.
Never thought I'd see, Alaska warmer than me.
So Cold go far far away, I'd like to go out to play!

W9NES

Thank You MILF for your post. I feel the same way you do. The post was to let every scanner user who is a ACTIVE member of the forum to check the frequencies for your city,county, and local frequencies during the winter storm and if those frequencies are not listed in the Indiana database to report them so they can be added and if they are wrong they can be corrected.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I swear I saw a Polar Bear drinking coffee and sharing Long's Donuts with an Snowy Owl. They had an Emperor Penguin sitting with them listening to a scanner. Overheard the Polar Bear commenting, "Hey, I thought you said it was going to be warm down South!? That's the only reason I agreed to come on this vacation trip!"

W9NES

markbart, Hope your surgery goes well. We all with be thinking about you and look forward to your return to you posting on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.