Gettin a new radio soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
After not having a scanner for a few months now (Long story short, my 396T is at the bottom of a lake). So I'm now able to finally move on and upgrade.

Getting a 436HP this week sometime, so I'm looking forward to learning this radio as well.

I know DMR systems can be boring, but atleast now I've got some new scanning to listen to and figure out that I haven't been able to do much with before other then using an SDR.

So with that said, I'm hoping to be eventually be able to update some of the DMR systems in my area of Renfrew County and maybe some of the surrounding areas too. Just have to getting around to getting the base antenna back up on the roof somehow since I've moved to a new location in my town in the last month.

SCPD

QRT
DMR activity

I would say that DMR activity is very active and not boring in Muskoka after many years of service my Uniden digital scanner met a smoky end about six weeks ago. After much research I purchased the Uniden BCD996P2 with the DMR unlock key. The large linked commercial repeater system in Port Sydney uses DMR TRBO and is very active with many different companies. Many resorts are DMR in my area one Fire department has gone DMR and of course others are talking but that is just talk, so I would be lost without the DMR feature. I'm please with all aspects of the scanner but still fall back to my two dongles with the DSD & SDR software at times a little more involved with the programming part and what it can do.

Regards
Busch

Status
Not open for further replies.