Getting a BCD396T as a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowKnight

I am getting a BCD396T as a graduation gift. :-D. I heard that the program that comes with it is really good. Is it easy to program in the frequencies if you have it in .xls format? I was also told that u had to download some firmware updates and etc for the scanner? Where and how do I go about doing that?

RISC777

ShadowKnight,

Per the data in .xls format (spreadsheet info), that will have to be copied and pasted in. I am unaware of any direct 'import' into the software from that format.

`Doug

ShadowKnight

My bad. Someone told me that I could purchase the ARC396 Pro (that's much better than the free uniden proggie) and it can download the databases from radioreferences directly and then all i would need to do is verify/edit it as necessary. Nvm I found the RR Database. LOL. Took me awhile to find it. Half asleep. Thanks for all your help. I'll be back in full force after I get my scanner. *drools*

Last edited:

yaesumofo

They were right
Buy the BUTEL software. I don't think you even need the pro version (I don't have the pro-version but I am able to download from radio reference and shove them into the radio)
The work you are talking about will take you all of 1 hour with Butel and radio reference. Become a contributing member here. that is the key.
As a system it is amazing. If I plan to travel some place I look it up via the butel software. download the frequency files and upload them into the radio.
It is truly amazing. My radio is Southern California based unit and it is just 64% full and I have every agency in southern California, local, federal and a whole bunch more. You could easily put every PD in CA NV AZ and UT in the radio with ease and pretty quickly to boot.
Butel ROCKS!!
Yaesumofo

ShadowKnight said:
My bad. Someone told me that I could purchase the ARC396 Pro (that's much better than the free uniden progs) and it can download the databases from radio references directly and then all i would need to do is verify/edit it as necessary. Where exactly the the collection of databases? I'm trying to compile all of California Police Dept's into my BCD396T (in channel line up per department including CHP) after I get my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.