Getting back into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatha00

I Live in Porter county and am looking at getting back into scanning. I had a 436 which was just ok. I auto programmed it from the software. I am considering the G5 and sds100. I would like to scan both Porter and Lake.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Welcome back! I was into this super heavy BEFORE the invention of Radio Reference. In fact when I hung things up to help raise a family I turned all my info into Lindsay & the team to help populate their Indiana section. DAMN, that WAS a long time ago!

A LOT of things have changed, so you no doubt have noticed. I started out with an SDS100 & quickly picked up a 200 for the house & to put online. They have their quirks but so far I've been pretty happy with the performance.

I've thought about getting a G5 but they seem limiting compared to a full fledged scanner. Might be something fun to play with in the future though for the local systems.

I'm going to be hitting PA & NY in a few months & will need the ability to scan VHF in those areas. Something I don't think you can do with the pager.

Welcome back & feel free to ask any questions you have. I've found this group is pretty helpful & patient with those of us getting back up to speed.

phatha00

I was super heavy when i was younger. I still have my old scanner where you would buy the crystals. I noticed the pricing has gone up a ton. I am not sure where to even really start. I like the uniden cause it will progam for you. All this talk group and Simulcast has my brain already into mush.

Status
Not open for further replies.