BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Getting my $450. Uniden bcd996p2 working

steve-kc7byp

I got this scanner brand spanking new in the box from Uniden with my last stimulus direct deposit. The scanner ran me $450. I would like to get it working. I think I know why it isn't talking to Proscan client. I think the scanner isn't talking to the laptop because I don't have the drivers installed yet. I have the weather broadcast on 162.450mhz and the 146.64mhz repeater on Jonsbut plugged in manually into the scanner. But I have no clue as to how to setup the fire and police on the proj25 phase 2 digital once I get the scanner talking to the Proscan client.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I got this scanner brand spanking new in the box from Uniden with my last stimulus direct deposit. The scanner ran me $450. I would like to get it working. I think I know why it isn't talking to Proscan client. I think the scanner isn't talking to the laptop because I don't have the drivers installed yet. I have the weather broadcast on 162.450mhz and the 146.64mhz repeater on Jonsbut plugged in manually into the scanner. But I have no clue as to how to setup the fire and police on the proj25 phase 2 digital once I get the scanner talking to the Proscan client.
Are you referring to the 'Free Client'? If so that doesn't connect to scanners but rather to ProScan running in Remote Scanner Over IP mode.

steve-kc7byp

I am running the free version of Pro Scan client. As far as getting Pro Scan running. I have had it running before. I just have figured out how to get the digital police and fire working on the scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am running the free version of Pro Scan client. As far as getting Pro Scan running. I have had it running before. I just have figured out how to get the digital police and fire working on the scanner.
I take it that you are trying to get the scanner to communicate with ProScan.
Here's the page containing the driver. See the Windows Serial Drivers section. It's the same driver for the BCD996P2.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Once you get the scanner communicating with ProScan then the next thing you want to do is work on the database as follows:
1) Create a new ProScan database.
2) If you have existing programming in the scanner that you want to save then download from the scanner to ProScan so the existing programming won't get lost when uploading.
3) Add the new system/s to the database. 4) Upload after the database is complete.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Amazon sells them for $350ish. I've seen them for under $330 lately brand new on Ebay...in case anyone is in the market for one.

I recommend paying $15 for a 6 month RR premium membership, then you can import all of your systems/channels/TGIDs from the database through ProScan. Way easier than typing everything out