Getting my BCT 15X to Scan the Systems I've Programmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,
I have a Uniden BCT 15X and have found it to be nothing but confusion since I got it. I have several other scanners, but am still not really that good at figuring out how they work without a solid manual (which the Unidens do not have.)

Using Mark's scanner manuals, I've now programmed most of the systems, groups and frequencies I want to monitor, with each assigned a quick key. I then decided I was ready to start trying it out.

Using the manual, I turned off all highway patrol, D.O.T., BearTracker warnings, and preprogrammed freqs off, so all that should be active is the stuff I personally have keyed in. The radio automatically chose the first system I programmed and began scanning it... and that's as far as I got. I can't seem to get my other systems to be scanned as well.

This probably sounds like a really stupid question, but I'm new to all this so bear with me. Can anyone help?

SCPD

QRT
Sounds like your doing this by hand. Any chance you have a programming cable installed and working to hook up to the 15x if so give the app freescan a try. Programming dma or object scanners by hand (at least for me) sucks.
FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I am doing it by hand, and it is quite a pain. I am visually impaired, so I use a screen reader on the computer... not sure how the programming software would work with that. I have it all programmed now, it's just figuring out how to turn on (and off, for that matter) my systems.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
be sure to give the other systems a quick key and turn on that quick key... so give another system quick key #2 etc

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
That's what I've been trying to do, but for some reason it wasn't working. However, just now, we were just hitting different keys hoping to stumble across a fix when we found one that turned off a "PRI" icon; and then, the radio started scanning all my systems, and I am now able to toggle them off and on while scanning with their appropriate quick keys. Looks like whatever was glitching has been worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.