Getting Started Radio Shack Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeloCosma

Hey guys, how is everyone, my name is Angelo and this is my first post here, Looking forward to getting in on all the scanning. I just purchased a Radio Shack Pro 96 of ebay so the price didn't kill me that bad. :) But this is the first scanner I own besides my Air scanner which is really easy to use. But know that we are talking about trunked frequencies its like a whole new Language to me. I live in Orange County California and would like to know how I would get started in setting up my radio. Basically wanting to get all the local PD's and CHP. I don't know where to start but any help is appreciated, and I should mention that I am getting the Win 96 software for programming the unit. Again thanks for the help guys. :)

Angelo Cosma

BuiltonAsus

Welcome

Welcome to the forums. These forums have provided me with tons of useful information. It's good to hear you have ordered the software. It will make programming your Pro-96 so much easier. I would also recommend purchasing a premium subscription. This allows you to directly import data from these forums to your scanner using the Win96 software.

Also, if your Pro-96 hasn't arrived yet, I would start reading the manual, which you can find online, rigtht away. This will give you a heads up on whats going on.

You will also need to ask this question in some of the region/state specific threads as Federal forum would not really help you.

Try using the search function of these forums as well. Usually you can find information faster than by asking and waiting for a reply.

Good Luck!!!

SAR923

Bad news, Angelo. First, you should have posted this in the California forum. Second, you won't be able to listen to any of the local police or sheriff's department in Orange County since they are all encrypted and no scanner will decrypt the transmissions. The CHP is no probem because it's all low band concentional and you'd enter frequencies just like in your sir band scanner. You can still hear most of the fire traffic since it's not encrypted. All these frequencies are at http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=201. As far as law enforcement, read them and weep. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.