Getting stuck on ID's after transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Recently on my Burlington County 'North West Central' band, after a transmission it stays on that ID with static that I can't squelch out.
I have to hit scan or it will move on by itself in a minute. Seems to only do it on the N-C-W MU2, but all settings are the same with the other MU2s

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Is "End Code" enabled on your scanner?

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Review the "End Code" settings here:

Uniden BCD96P2 Owner's Manual (Page 51 of 112) | ManualsLib

Also confirm you have the latest firmware.

Good luck!
Actually, it started after the latest update. Tried it with the end code off, didn't make any difference. It's not consistent, just now and then. And only on the N-C-W. Transmissions on all the other areas of the county doesn't give me any trouble and all of them have the same identical settings.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Just an update. Tried to play around with the "threshold" settings. That didn't work so well, but I noticed that when I received the same talkgroups on 'North' it wouldn't do it. So I just locked out those groups on 'North Central West'.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Looks like I solved the problem by setting the 'delay' time to -10.
Must force it to restart scanning, instead of me hitting the button after each transmision.

Ubbe

It seems as if the system doesn't send any end tone, or the new firmware doesn't handle it anymore. As the squelch doesn't close, it is probably some sort of interference so you could try the IFX setting on that particular voice frequency, if it is the same frequency that always hangs.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.