BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Getting the alert light to stay on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffbryce1

Premium Subscriber
I would like the alert light to stay on during an open squelch, is this possible? Right now it activates and lasts like 5 seconds no matter how short or long the message is.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A number of us have previously asked that Uniden look into the possibility of lengthening the duration that the alert light stays on.

I'm sure Uniden has taken this under advisement. At this point they haven't said "Yes we can do that" or "No, that's not possible".

Hopefuly they can, and would include that in a future firmware update.

joeuser

The Wretched
A number of us have previously asked that Uniden look into the possibility of lengthening the duration that the alert light stays on.

I'm sure Uniden has taken this under advisement. At this point they haven't said "Yes we can do that" or "No, that's not possible".

Hopefuly they can, and would include that in a future firmware update.
Yeah, this would be a great feature - give us the option to control the duration or at least on with the carrier

SCPD

QRT
I cannot get the light to come on consistently at all .. it seems to come on at will.

But a ? .. I have the Alert Light colors set for my talkgroups .. do I need to set the Alert Light colors for my Unit Id records ?

I just want my Police talkgroups to show blue, Fire red and EMS yellow and Other as White.

But I cannot get them to come on .. particularly when holding on a talk group. They seem to come on better when holding on a department.

Suggestions are welcome

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It comes on for about 5 seconds at the beginning of a transmission. That is factory set and not user adjustable, but a lot of us would like it to be.

As I write this I have the scanner (though it is a 536) on and is holding on a channel. The alert light is functioning.

I use a similar scheme for my talkgroup colors. It is not necessary that you assign alert light colors to Unit ID numbers. If you do so, then the alert light color for the Unit ID will take precedence over the alert light color for the talkgroup.

For example in my scanner I have red for fire talkgroups. For the fire dispatch console Unit ID it is magenta. Thus if Engine 1 calls the dispatcher, I first get red. When the dispatcher answers, then I see magenta.

SCPD

QRT
It comes on for about 5 seconds at the beginning of a transmission. That is factory set and not user adjustable, but a lot of us would like it to be.

As I write this I have the scanner (though it is a 536) on and is holding on a channel. The alert light is functioning.

I use a similar scheme for my talkgroup colors. It is not necessary that you assign alert light colors to Unit ID numbers. If you do so, then the alert light color for the Unit ID will take precedence over the alert light color for the talkgroup.

For example in my scanner I have red for fire talkgroups. For the fire dispatch console Unit ID it is magenta. Thus if Engine 1 calls the dispatcher, I first get red. When the dispatcher answers, then I see magenta.

I get that .. however it rarely comes on and actually only when scanning and the talkgroup is initially received. I would like it to come on on every transmission on that talkgroup in the desired color.

I know that some people have asked that it stay on for the duration of the transmission .. which I am ok with, but my light hardly comes on unless it is scanning. But holding on a talkgroup it does not come on.

I am going to set my colors on my Unit Id's .. but it seems that does not make a difference either in my quick test.

W6KRU

I cannot get the light to come on consistently at all .. it seems to come on at will.

But a ? .. I have the Alert Light colors set for my talkgroups .. do I need to set the Alert Light colors for my Unit Id records ?

I just want my Police talkgroups to show blue, Fire red and EMS yellow and Other as White.

But I cannot get them to come on .. particularly when holding on a talk group. They seem to come on better when holding on a department.

Suggestions are welcome

If my problem isn't the same as yours, it is very similar. I have alerts set for a few conventional channels but I have never seen an alert. I used the menu to verify that the LED works.

XTS3000

It would also be nice if the LED would dim along with the display. The blue is so darn bright at night.

I never see Uniden changing the LED for us. From Upmans post on another major bug thread, there are no coders for their scanners in the USA, nor do they speak English. There seems to be a HUGE communications gap in the scanner division. Everything at Uniden (and many other companies) is departmentalized, which is fine as long as every is "speaking the same language". The problem with this business type model is everyone has to be speaking the same language. They might as well be speaking alien over in the scanner division.

I see many other unresolved issues having to be solved first and foremost before any "frills" type requests can be handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.