Getting Unitrunker to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

brusso99

i for the life of me cant get unittrunker to read anything from the xt.. are only public safety going to be on p25what about the future do you know anything about the dsp board, does it work?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
For the XT you need UniTrunker version 1.0.0.10.

See the UniTrunker wiki FAQ entry I've updated for the XT radios: UniTrunker - The RadioReference Wiki

As for the UT-106 DSP board, it does help on HF frequencies and some low band VHF for me on the 2500.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
thanks but no joy, no support for 996xt..

cant figure out why unitrunk wont work, works with my 2022 which is ancient... lol

The BCD996XT is supported. The programmer mentions only the BCD396XT (he forgot to mention the 996XT). It works, he told me it works, I tried it on my 996XT, and it is supported.

SCPD

QRT
i for the life of me can't get unitrunker to read anything from the xt.
You will need to do the following:

A. Configure Your Radio

1. Connect computer and radio with the supplied data cable. This may require a serial to USB adapter if your computer does not have a serial port.

2. Enable CC data output on the radio.

3. If you have not programmed the system into the radio, follow the radio's front panel menus to create a new system, add a new site, and add the control channels to the site.

4. Select the pre-programmed system and hold on the control channel.

B. Configure Unitrunker

1. Configure a new receiver within Unitrunker. Set the model, type ("Inline"), role ("signal"), port and baud rate. Your radio's default baud rate is 115200 bps for the front data port.

2. In the Unitrunker receiver panel, set the run state to "Running".

3. Make sure the receiver is still set to hold on the control channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.