Getting Upgraded - New Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

brusso99

I got a pro-2022 which i am going to replace.

I want it all.. I like to beable to connect to my computer and use the scanners via computer..

I would like to decode data of all kinds, ship info/airplanes all of that. .

I have so far figured out that i need

1 bcd996xt for trunked systems.

Either a Icom 1500 or a 2500 for windowns controlled wideband recieve and data decoding stuff..

does this cover it?

do i need the 2500 over the 1500.. and what about winradio?

or is there a good wideband reciever with computer control interface as good as the icom or winradio..

or is a better idea to get the rfspace iq?

Thanks

mciupa

Database Admin
Hi brusso99 welcome to RadioReference :)

Sounds like you have a recession-proof job with that shopping list.:p

The Icom 2500 with Dual Watch would be kind of cool.

I would suggest reading some owner reviews on eHam or similar sites before you purchase.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
You might want to add the mini refrigerator and microwave and coffee maker to the list. It does not sound like you plan on leaving your chair anytime soon. All of your choices are good systems but in my opinion severly limit your listening targets- for instance, if you travel, do you bring that whole rig with you? Consider portability. The 396XT has all of the same features of the 996XT but portable. Just a thought. And welcome!

brusso99

I was planning on putting the radios in a pelican case and using my laptop on the road with them. After i got all this going i would add a hand held. I want to wait for when there are wideband recievers that add trunking that would be nice.

I have picked the 996xt over the radioshack because of the more complete coverage and it seems better reviewed, plus i wont by the radio shack since they want 499 for it and it sold for as low as 279 i believe, once something goes on a sale i feel that is the true price.

brusso99

the Saga begins..

Called the local Uniden Store and was told 996XT was in stock in hand, drove down there and what do you know it was a 996T... I ordered with scannermaster when i walked out.. its pointless to try and purchase good gear at stores, better to just order it online.

I did pickup a tram discone though.

Tracker

How's it going? What software are you going to use to program these radios? Frequencies/banks etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.