Getting what seems to be airport traffic…

corneileous

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the Atoka or Coal county area picking up what seems to be one side of airport traffic on 125.0250MHz? I stumbled upon this but can’t figure out where it’s coming from and after doing a search on the site, that frequency brought up an airport in Atlanta so I hardly think that’s it. I’m pretty close to the atoka muninciple airport but I don’t think that’s it because the frequency they use is 122.9000.

that frequency brought up an airport in Atlanta
Keep in mind it's being transmitted from an altitude so it may be many miles away.

It's a common frequency.

corneileous

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind it's being transmitted from an altitude so it may be many miles away.

It's a common frequency.
It must be because it sounds like these are pilots of commercial planes talking.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
It must be because it sounds like these are pilots of commercial planes talking.
McKinney National is not commercial (the City of McKinney wants to make it commercial, but the residents said no to the upgrades to do so) - so you'd only have private traffic out of there.

As @Whiskey3JMC said, get the callsigns and then look them up on the flight tracking sites, that will give you an idea of origin and destination.

nowires

You might be hearing en route traffic and not airport traffic. And you'll probably hear pilots near you and not whoever they are talking to.

corneileous

Premium Subscriber
125.025 is one of the East arrival freqs to DFW.
Maybe that’s what I’m picking up because I have heard a few calls to approach control so maybe that’s the traffic I’m hearing is the planes talking to the control tower?