GFA 151.295

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

All of a sudden for the past week I'm picking up GFA dispatch up in Griswold. Is it because of the time of year or did something else change?

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
All of a sudden for the past week I'm picking up GFA dispatch up in Griswold. Is it because of the time of year or did something else change?

The radio techs were working on the system last week. Maybe they changed something. It has been weak since they narrow banded a while back.

coolrich55

That could be it. I haven't been able to pick it in years. Still not getting 151.085, just the dispatch channel. Good to hear again anyways. Groton isn't really that far from here and I can pick up from valley shore to tolland and everything in between. 151.295 was always the only one that I couldn't get.

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
GFA just got there radio fixed after I don't know how many years , for the longest time there pl would not work on the pagers.

GFA911

GFA just got there radio fixed after I don't know how many years , for the longest time there pl would not work on the pagers.

The radios weren't "fixed". We, as did all the departments, knew that narrowbanding would affect our output in certain areas. The Poquonnock Bridge Fire Department received a grant to upgrade the entire radio system. The Town of Groton agreed to provide funds to meet the share. We originally transmitted off the tower at Fort Hill. We now simul-cast 151.295 off Fort Hill, Quoketaug Hill (Prentice Williams Road, Stonington), and Bailey Hill.

The next phase will be adding two repeatered command/control frequencies and using the current tac frequencies as firegrounds.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
GFA, Hooterville's tower is on Winachaug or is it else where?

Izzy (MPFD)

Status
Not open for further replies.