Ghilchrist and Columbia County fire tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

khvfdff

Hey peoples,

Is there any one out there that knows anything about the Columbia County or Ghilchrist County fire pager tones. I was in the Columbia County area here a couple weeks ago coming back from vacation and heard two fire departments get paged. Well they had your what sounded like the typical Motorola QC2 tones and then a loud like warble alert at the end of the first tone and it did the same for the second tone. I have also heard this on the Ghilchrist county fire and EMS channel. I was wondering if its apart of a system that has a three tone activation or if its just in their set up to have the radio make that noise.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
khvfdff said:
Hey peoples,

Is there any one out there that knows anything about the Columbia County or Ghilchrist County fire pager tones. I was in the Columbia County area here a couple weeks ago coming back from vacation and heard two fire departments get paged. Well they had your what sounded like the typical Motorola QC2 tones and then a loud like warble alert at the end of the first tone and it did the same for the second tone. I have also heard this on the Ghilchrist county fire and EMS channel. I was wondering if its apart of a system that has a three tone activation or if its just in their set up to have the radio make that noise.
Both Gilchrist and Columbia County have standard Moto QCII tones, followed by the warble. The effect you get is when the pager alerts you get the normal "BEEP BEEP BEEP etc." followed by the warble tones... I supposed it's just another sound to grab your attention. It doesn't serve any function other than that. Gilchrist pages each unit twice with the warble tone after each tone pair, again just so it gets your attention so what you hear is "BEEP BEEP BEEP, WARBLE, BEEP BEEP BEPP, WARBLE, Call info".

I remember thinking that it took so long to page out compared to other departments. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.