Gift for the Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuiverDance

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a BCT15X for the parental units for Christmas. They are not extremely technical but they can figure things out if they really want to.

My big question is reception out where they life. We get VERY poor cell phone service and we don't even have internet service (they have to get it over the phone lines or by satellite) and they are surrounded by trees but have a clear enough line for the satellite TV to work. The zip code for their area is 55079. Can anyone tell me if the BCT15X will work or if I need to look at different models? And if I should go with another model, suggestions while staying under $250?

Thanks, Quiver Ddance

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a BCT15X for the parental units for Christmas. They are not extremely technical but they can figure things out if they really want to.

My big question is reception out where they life. We get VERY poor cell phone service and we don't even have internet service (they have to get it over the phone lines or by satellite) and they are surrounded by trees but have a clear enough line for the satellite TV to work. The zip code for their area is 55079. Can anyone tell me if the BCT15X will work or if I need to look at different models? And if I should go with another model, suggestions while staying under $250?

Thanks, Quiver Ddance

The BCT15X will be a disappointment. The main system to monitor in Chisago County is:Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies
If they want to listen to Public Safety, they will need a digital scanner.

If your on a 250 budget, you may have to buy used in order to get something under their tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.