Gila County SO Fire / EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I have found that I can hear Gila County SO rather well and I am curious as to what all Fire Dept's they are dispatching and how that works. Last night on the GCSO EMS channel I heard a working house fire between Globe and Claypool and this afternoon I heard Globe Fire dispatched for a medical call. In The DB shows Globe FD and Tri City FD having their own dispatch and tac channels. Thanks.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
I'm also curious. Also, who dispatches for Christopher Kohl's FD off Hwy 260 between Payson and Show Low? Can't find them in the database. Thanks!
EDIT: Found a small piece of my answer. There's a page on the Gila Co. web site for special districts that lists the self-governing fire districts in the county: Welcome to Gila County
but it doesn't say who dispatches them.

Last edited:

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Payson Fire dispatch for :

Beaver Valley
Christopher Kohls
Gisela
Houston Mesa

What frequencies do Gisela use? Payson Fire is not on Mt Ord to cover Gisela.

Also :
Tonto Basin has their own dispatch.

&

Pleasant Valley Fire near Claypool & Young along A-288. They would use Aztec Pk.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Give them a telephone call and ask. Most Fire Districts enjoy the public attention and it usually leads to more funding.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info! I was surprised at how many small fire districts there are up there. I also discovered that some of the departments are listed on the Navajo County page.

Status
Not open for further replies.