Gila Indian Reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know (or care) why the Gila Indian Police (BIA) feels the need to encrypt thier law-enforcement activities? Wat are they doing that needs to be secure-working on flying saucers?

wupatki

Premium Subscriber
I was told by a friend a while back thay they were encrypting because they had a high number of criminals that were using scanners to help them get away and some of them were successful. Apparently there were several pursuits where the pursuees stopped prior to stop sticks setup in the road and were able to go where the police had not setup and got away. I guess a few that did get caught had scanners sitting on the seat.

Just the other night Phoenix PD was working a armed robbery where the suspects were decked out in Police Tactical gear... That went to an encrypted channel as soon as their description was given. Gila River on the other hand prefers to encrypt everything unfortunately.

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
Hmm. Well. I find it interesting that this little reservation feels the need to encrypt when most of it's neighbors don't. Neither Maricopa or Pinal counties encypt. It's also interesting to note that the Navajos do not encypt eithor.

I sure wish they didn't-think we're missing a lot of calls, based on the amount of $#$#$!#%$%$ signals(note encryption) I hear when monitoring them-I have them on the same quick-key as Pinal County.

Status
Not open for further replies.