Gilbert PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Gilbert channel 2, info. When a unit is directed to go to channel 2 info, it does not show up on the Mesa/Gilbert TOPAZ System. I have had my SDS200 in discovery mode for weeks and have seen nothing. Is it possible they are using a RWC TG for info?

KB7MIB

If they are using a TG on the RWC, or Maricopa County, trunked system, not only would they have to switch to a different channel, they'd have to switch to a different deck, since I don't believe they can have two different systems in the same deck.

If channel 1 is on A-deck, channel 2 would have to be on B-deck, for example.

The other possibility would be a conventional repeater for channel 2 on A-deck. They can mix conventional channels in with a trunked system on the same deck.

(Bank--deck--group--zone. Different terms for the same thing. Deck is the term used here.)

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Next time you hear Gilbert say switch to Channel 2, check talkgroup 3034 (encrypted) and see if the same radio IDs come up. I'm trying to verify if this is Gilbert PD Ch 2.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Following Gilbert PD Radio IDs tonight, I can confirm that 3034 is Gilbert PD Info. This talkgroup is not fully encrypted. Dispatcher with Radio ID 31101 is in the clear. I'm not 100% certain that this talkgroup is "Channel 2" as I did not hear a confirmation, but it is definitely info traffic for Gilbert PD. If anyone can confirm that Gilbert PD Ch 2 is still their Info channel, then I will call that confirmed.

Last edited:

Astrak

Following Gilbert PD Radio IDs tonight, I can confirm that 3034 is Gilbert PD Info. This talkgroup is not fully encrypted. Dispatcher with Radio ID 31101 is in the clear. I'm not 100% certain that this talkgroup is "Channel 2" as I did not hear a confirmation, but it is definitely info traffic for Gilbert PD. If anyone can confirm that Gilbert PD Ch 2 is still their Info channel, then I will call that confirmed.
I'm only getting 100% encryption on this talkgroup.

KB7MIB

It may be a specific console isn't encrypted for some reason, while the other consoles are.

Or a tech, or someone else, saw this thread and the oversite was "fixed".

John
Peoria

Astrak

It may be a specific console isn't encrypted for some reason, while the other consoles are.

Or a tech, or someone else, saw this thread and the oversite was "fixed".

John
Peoria
More than likely just that console wasn't secure, 31101 is now encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.