Gilpin Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfburns

It seems like more Gilpin Co DTRS TG's are becoming active and some units are making the switch to DTRS today. I would guess that they had been waiting for the new Blackhawk site to come on line. It's been reported that Mr. Murphy is present for the switch over.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
It seems like more Gilpin Co DTRS TG's are becoming active and some units are making the switch to DTRS today. I would guess that they had been waiting for the new Blackhawk site to come on line. It's been reported that Mr. Murphy is present for the switch over.

Are you referring to TG's other than Mountain TAC 1 & 2 (TGID 3125, 3126)? Also, I thought that Gilpin and Clear Creek Counties used DTRS for "backup/interop/mutual aid", and their new "consortium" VHF system will still be used for "Primary" Coms for the forseeable future?

rfburns

Are you referring to TG's other than Mountain TAC 1 & 2 (TGID 3125, 3126)? Also, I thought that Gilpin and Clear Creek Counties used DTRS for "backup/interop/mutual aid", and their new "consortium" VHF system will still be used for "Primary" Coms for the forseeable future?
Testing was being done on TAC 3. What is the status of the consortium? I haven't seen any indication for about a year that its buildout is occurring with the exception of Evergreen doing their part.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Testing was being done on TAC 3.

I did hear that yesterday on Mountain TAC 1, and it sounded like "TAC 3" was referring to a T/G on DTRS, any idea what TG they were using? Did "TAC 3" appear on any sites outside of Blackhawk such as Thorodin, Lookout or Squaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.