Gilroy- VIP? today

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnele

Hi in listening to my scanner right now I keep hearing them talking about a VIP and setting baracades- "VIP on their Way"- semms Much talking about whomever it is...

Anyone have any idea's who's coming to town?

kma371

QRT
donnele said:
Hi in listening to my scanner right now I keep hearing them talking about a VIP and setting baracades- "VIP on their Way"- semms Much talking about whomever it is...

Anyone have any idea's who's coming to town?

If you would mention what agency you are listening to, that could give us an idea.

BlueZebra

Cal Fire has Volunteers in Prevention, and they help with a lot of things. And they are pretty active in the Gilroy/Morgan Hill area.

trooperdude

Database Admin
http://www.fire.ca.gov/communications/communications_volunteers.php

Today, there are approximately 2500 VIP's statewide, in all 21 CAL FIRE Units, averaging over 60,000 hours of volunteer service to CAL FIRE. In exchange CAL FIRE pays meals and mileage for their expenses.

History has shown that when VIP teams provide fire prevention teaching in grades K-3rd, child-related fires in those areas have dropped by 50 percent. In addition, VIPs educate thousands of children and their parents about fire prevention by participating in fairs, displays, and parades each year. Volunteers are trained to make preliminary wildland homeowner property inspections for fire safety as required by Public Resources Code 4291, and to discuss with homeowners ways to make their homes fire safe. These one-on-one contacts are an increasingly important education tool as the population in California's wildlands continues to grow.

VIPs are trained to assist CAL FIRE's efforts during wildland fires and other emergencies by providing information to the media and public. A specialized group of volunteers (HAM radio operators and CB radio groups) provide additional communication networks for CAL FIRE during emergencies including wildland fires, earthquakes, and floods.

Status
Not open for further replies.