Gimp needs help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

okccsi

So I am layed up after having reconstructive sugery on my right ankle. However, I have a fishing trip coming up on May 3rd. I need a short term fix for the radio on the boat because it gets horrible reception when you get out on the lake. When my FIL ordered the boat, he didn't order an antenna with it. Now I own the boat and I need an antenna. I am going to pick one up this weekend and a mount. I really don't want to drill into the boat itself, so I will be looking for clamp style mounts. Either way, I will be getting an antenna for the radio. Later, I am going to put a 2-way in it and will need to put in another antenna for it, but I need to get this one done now.

I am also going to change the head unit out, but I can sit in the boat and do that. Mounting an antenna requires me to do a bunch of leaning and/or standing on a ladder maybe.

So, anyone want to come over and help me install it? For your help, I will have some grilled meat and other good eats. So long as you can put up with some crazy kids running around.

If anyone wants to help, just send me a pm on here. I am home all day too for you guys that are off or work nights.

Thanks in advance guys.

Don Manning

Shortwavewave

For what radio, a scanner or Am/fm radio?

Just think though, water makes hell of a ground plane...

Id love to help you but I dont know much about installing radios or antennas, I love boats and know a little bit about them but not that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.