Girl needs Help programming Uniden BC346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsattley

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Can someone please help me answer some questions about programming a Uniden BC346XT.
I am located in Portland Oregon and I am programming this for my father in Palm desert california.
The Only thing my father really wants to do is listen to live audio feed for the riverside, CA fire and safety and the Palm desert sheriff station. Am I able to use freescan software and within that software just use ez grab to insert these settings into the scanner.

Riverside County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Or input this pdf into scanner
http://www.radioreference.com/downloads/pdf/14240-county-215.pdf

It cant be that easy right?

I am lost when it comes to all the settings this scanner has as well is there somewhere I can go to just get the basic settings for what he wants to do?
Someone please help

Thank you Thank you Thank you

jsattley

Premium Subscriber
Once I upload into free scan is there any settings that need to go into free scan?
Inorder for it to start working

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You have a couple of tasks to accomplish;

a. Look at the 'Making the Connection' article in the FreeScan user guide - this will tell you how to set the port on the scanner up for the connection;

b. You then need a USB-serial cable (since new PCs don't have serial ports anymore) and install it and the necessary drivers. We have a number of such cables that are known to work, plus tips in using Windoze Device Manager here;

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

No matter what software you use, you need to do some planning and understand how DMA works so you can program effectively. Use the Easier to Read guide to help you along, and we also have a well developed DMA FAQ that will fill in some of the blanks...

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

There are numerous Excel based worksheets floating around the Yahoo groups for these scanners - I would get a hold of one and start 'programming' with one of those.

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.