Giving it a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

oly8ball

I just signed up to be a broadcaster for my area. Ottawa County MI. I use the android app on my phone and listened to a feed in my area for a long time but it is now gone. So I decided to step up and fill the void. I am using an old hand held scanner but it still works good. How long does the approval process take?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
The more details your provide in your submission the less time it takes. Not providing enough info will require an audio admin to contact you via email to request more information.

oly8ball

Turn the volume on the scanner down. I set mine between 1/3 and 1/2 for optimal listening pleasure.

Will check that. Not sure but I think I have it about 1/2 way. I have just gotten back into using my scanner(it's an old realistic 10 channel hand held) hopefully will be able to upgrade after christmas.
Thanks for the tip.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
A scanner with the "Record Out" feature makes a big difference. I use the Uniden BCT15 for my feed.
The audio level is automatic. I just plugged in a RS audio cable and away I went. You can also turn your stream talk groups on and off with the record function, and still hear the rest. And by using the programming cable you can stream alpha tags. Listen to the audio quality of my stream.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.