giving up with my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Fakespot also checks the validity of reviews, and looks for patterns of deceptive behavior. It works for Amazon, Best Buy, and a few other shopping sites. I have it as an extension on Firefox, as well as on my iPhone.

palmerjrusa

The customer is always right (even when it's obvious they're, ahem, not the highest wattage bulb around).

I like doing business with Amazon, if there is a problem they fix it immediately.
I was waiting delivery of a couple radio cases yesterday, the order indicated delivery between 3.30- 6.30pm.
The nice Amazon Prime delivery man (I even get updates with locations on a map informing me "I'm only three stops away!) leaves the package outside my door, takes a pic, then sends it to my Amazon account.
Yesterday I got the "delivered" update, looked outside my front door, no package and no pic.
Immediately contacted Amazon who told me the "delivery update" may have been in error and to wait till the end of today for delivery, if it wasn't there by then they would either refund my money or send me replacements.

Yeaaaah, it arrived!

palmerjrusa

Slightly off topic, but this lens case (just arrived) makes a great (and cheap!) protective case for the IC-705 (tip from another radio amateur):

JJC DLP-7 Deluxe Water-Resistant Lens Pouch Case = $21.80 from Amazon

Fits the 705 well with room left over for a few other misc. items, would also work for other radio gear of a similar size.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Yep, love some of those "one star" Amazon reviews along the lines of, "Just received my Kindle e-reader and it doesn't have a color screen, even my old Kindle Fire tablet has a color screen" = I don't like this wine 'cause it isn't green cheese.
I suppose we shouldn't expect an Amazon review to resemble a Radio Database International White Paper by Larry Magne.

fyrefyter2008

soooooo having one minor issue with it and it has me thinking im glad i still have my RS scanner lol.

Seems it wants to do a squelching type of noise on two frequencies and it never did it with the same channel on my radioshack scanner.

its on these chemung county frequencies:

have them saved like it shows and both do it.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
soooooo having one minor issue with it and it has me thinking im glad i still have my RS scanner lol.

Seems it wants to do a squelching type of noise on two frequencies and it never did it with the same channel on my radioshack scanner.

its on these chemung county frequencies:

have them saved like it shows and both do it.
Those two frequencies are on FCC license WQWJ997, which is licensed for trunking,

Which model Radio Shack scanner are you referring to?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I do think there is a senior revolution in the scanner industry right now, so to speak - those of us in our 50s & 60s who are new to digital scanning and the programming software who buckle down and school ourselves on the new technology and commit to educating ourselves in all aspects of it. It is a tough learning curve. It took me 2.5 weeks to get fed up with the BCD436HP and send it back to Scanner Master. It was a bad time for me to try and concentrate on anything having just lost our 25-y/o daughter in an ATV accident. A few months later I got mad at myself for giving up and I ordered 3 digital scanners at once, determined to master the technology. Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead. Now I am really enjoying the hobby once again, defeating simulcast with the SDS scanners and jumping in with both feet into the world of SDRs, SDR#, and being the proud owner of the amazing Icom IC-R8600. So glad I did the U-turn and got back into it. Now, I am studying for my General ticket and have my eyes on the Yaesu FT-DX10 as my next radio. Our hobby is exploding with new technology and lots of fun stuff such as SDRs, BlueTail, and exciting software programming with virtual remote control options. It's a good time to be a ham radio operator and/or scanner enthusiast - don't give up and, above all, have fun with it! :)

fyrefyter2008

scanner is officially unplugged due to issues im having with it.

in a wide open area and now either get garbled transmission, static, AOL dialup (best i can describe it as) and for the erway ambulance channels if the antenna isnt just right i can forget about picking them up..

Whats funny is all the same frequencies were in my radioshack pro-106 and had ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO problems with any of them.

Guess i shoulve spent the $518.00 on something better, now its gonna be a paperweight :)

ADMINS PLEASE LOCK :)

Machria

Premium Subscriber
It’s fairly obvious your not programming the trx2 properly for what you want to listen to. Don’t blame the machine, blame the user.

TAbirdman

I went back to make sure someone else didn't already mention it but you should post your configuration from EZScan and someone can take a look at the programming and maybe offer some suggestions on how to get better reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.