glamis sand dunes blm

Status
Not open for further replies.
the radio chatter from here tonight here at glamis sand dunes seems pretty active the channels I got here this morning are very clear and loud

so far not much to really speak of though its going to be a windy evening tonight here seems like blm is more active in the day out here though they do patrol at night as well so they can ambuse people when they are not ready for it......

the guys out here sometimes are funny when they stop too check out your papers they get stuck and you ask them if they want a pull they turn you down do to they are feeling kind of dumb for getting stuck ..... last time the rangers stop our side by side to check our papers they got stuck then an hour later on scanner same guy got stuck again he called for help on radio..... that time. well singing off for now gotta get my gear ready

KJ6HCB

Some good stuff on there for sure I imagine - Ive heard some good pursuits at Oceano/Pismo Dunes area up here.

I just got a Motorola LCS2000 800 Mhz radio and a 11dB directional yagi that Im going to work on setting up a stream of State Parks Oceano Dunes.

well its 9:14 blm is out in full force checking people out as well as they just arrested a guy sounds like this radio is really going wild the rangers are thick right

its amazing

ecps92

Pls Share what Freq / Tones you are getting the BLM on.
I don't see the info in the RR DB at
Bureau of Land Management Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
also Pls make a submission to get them added :cool:

the radio chatter from here tonight here at glamis sand dunes seems pretty active the channels I got here this morning are very clear and loud

so far not much to really speak of though its going to be a windy evening tonight here seems like blm is more active in the day out here though they do patrol at night as well so they can ambuse people when they are not ready for it......

the guys out here sometimes are funny when they stop too check out your papers they get stuck and you ask them if they want a pull they turn you down do to they are feeling kind of dumb for getting stuck ..... last time the rangers stop our side by side to check our papers they got stuck then an hour later on scanner same guy got stuck again he called for help on radio..... that time. well singing off for now gotta get my gear ready

will do later just out having too much fun

by the way they sure sound clear and loud on my digital scanner

does anyone know where I can get cables for cobra micotalk walki-talkies so I can hook them into our intercom system on the vehicle so we can vox using our headsets and not have to pickup walkie as we out bajaing threw the dunes???

OK talk soon back to the dunes I do yahoooooooooooo

well some one got hit by a sand rail over at Oldsmobile Hill guy from what I can hear is trapped under the vehicle sounded like dirt bike was in the wrong place wrong time

not sure if he was killed was kind of hard to hear blm do to the wind storm

mperial sand dunes (glamis)

blm/law fedreal

blm channel 1 166.3750 mhz
blm channel 2. 166.4875 mhz
blm channel 3 166.7500 MHz
blm surcom channel 4 857.1250 nac:d
blm channel 5 166.3750
blm channel 6 166.7500
blm rangers channel 7 169.7125
fire channel 8 166.4875
law channel 9 166.7500
blm air to ground channel 10 167.9500

SCPD

QRT
Some of the LEO's working that event, perhaps most of them, are not from that area. They are probably not that familiar with sand dune driving unless they have worked the event before. They are probably more likely to be able to drive up some one lane minus road hanging on the side of a mountain than to drive sand. This event is managed as a large incident and the Incident Command System is used. Weeks before the event the IC sends in resource orders just like orders are sent out for engines or hotshot crews.

The officers filling those orders come from the Forest Service, BLM, National Park Service and, although I've not seen pictures of them there, I would imagine that refuge officers from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service have or are working the event. These resource orders are sent out far and wide. This is a big annual event for the law enforcement staff of all the federal natural resource agencies. The only other events that come close are the Burning Man event in northwest Nevada and the Rainbow Family event held in locations all over the U.S.

I'm very experienced driving a four wheel drive in all sorts of conditions, most of it in a Forest Service green truck. I have almost zero experience with driving in sand. I would be, as I imagine many officers would be, totally out of my element.

I have a picture of the comm unit packing up the incident support radio cache gear at the end of the event. If I can find it and post it I will. I suspect that in addition to the frequencies you have listed, some of the NIFC incident frequencies are in use as well. The fiberglass boxes on a small utility trailer look identical to those I've seen when I used to work incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.