Glassboro????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjudson

Okay, I haven't seen a thread on this since September, though there's been a few folks posting on the older threads that they can't find Glassboro. What the heck happened here? The database info doesn't seem to be correct - even the new data.

Does anyone know what happened to Glassboro? Did they switch to some encrypted digital channel? I haven't heard any consistent Glassboro traffic for a few months (outside of some maintenance stuff from time to time).

What's up???

Septa3371CSX1

Okay, I haven't seen a thread on this since September, though there's been a few folks posting on the older threads that they can't find Glassboro. What the heck happened here? The database info doesn't seem to be correct - even the new data.

Does anyone know what happened to Glassboro? Did they switch to some encrypted digital channel? I haven't heard any consistent Glassboro traffic for a few months (outside of some maintenance stuff from time to time).

What's up???

Have you tried 460.0625 DPL 703 in NFM?

jjudson

I have a BCD396XT. This is perplexing, as Glassboro is a hotbed of police activity. In tracking all the zones in South Jersey, Glassboro by far had the most hits. I'm only a few miles away over near Woodbury, and I have a dipole on the roof up quite high. Now, I get nothing, and I kind of miss it. Everything else comes in quite clear, even Camden, Philly, and Washington Twp which are all much further out.

Any thoughts on how I can get them back?

jjudson

Maybe I've got something set wrong?

This is what I have from ProScan:

Channel Name: Glassboro PD
Frequency: 460.0625
Number Tag: None
Audio Type: Analog Only
Tone: 703
Tone L/O: Not checked
P25 NAC: Search (this defaults every time I set the channel up, I don't know why).
Record: Not checked
Mod.: NFM
Lockout: Not checked
Pri: Not checked
Att.: Not checked

Any thoughts?

jjudson

Here are the manually checked settings:

System: Glouc Zone 7
Name: Glouc Zone 7
Lockout: Unlocked
Hold Time: 0 Sec
Delay Time: 2 Sec
Audio AGC: Analog OFF, Digital OFF
P25 Waiting Time: 0ms

Channel: Glassboro PD
Modulation: NFM
Attenuator: OFF
Priority: OFF
Volume Offset: +3

I'm six miles from the antenna. I have a dipole on the roof elevated about 45 feet. All other Gloucester County zones come in just fine. Glassboro did come in fine before the frequency change.

Septa3371CSX1

Here are the manually checked settings:

System: Glouc Zone 7
Name: Glouc Zone 7
Hold Time: 0 Sec
Delay Time: 2 Sec
Audio AGC: Analog OFF, Digital OFF
P25 Waiting Time: 0ms

Channel: Glassboro PD
Modulation: NFM
Attenuator: OFF
Priority: OFF
Volume Offset: +3

I'm six miles from the antenna. I have a dipole on the roof elevated about 45 feet. All other Gloucester County zones come in just fine. Glassboro did come in fine before the frequency change.

Turn on the attenuation and see how that works. Gloucester County has an MDT frequency on 460.075 (PL 165.5, 162.2, or 159.8 - it goes between the three (mainly the first two) when I check it) and you might be closer to that antenna. It may be causing interference with the 460.0625 (which is why Zone 1 switched to 453.8125).

jjudson

Turn on the attenuation and see how that works. Gloucester County has an MDT frequency on 460.075 (PL 165.5, 162.2, or 159.8 - it goes between the three (mainly the first two) when I check it) and you might be closer to that antenna. It may be causing interference with the 460.0625 (which is why Zone 1 switched to 453.8125).

Thanks Joe. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Maybe because of this MDT thing I'm out of luck? Do you have any other thoughts or ideas that I could try?

Septa3371CSX1

Seems like you're out of luck thanks to that MDT channel. The only thing I can suggest is maybe pointing your antenna towards Glassboro. Otherwise seems you have it programmed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.