Glastonbury Police Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearweiman

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know when Glastonbury Police are switching to digital and if they will still be using the same frequencies they use now.

wesct

bearweiman said:
Does anybody know when Glastonbury Police are switching to digital and if they will still be using the same frequencies they use now.

Glastonbury should be working on their system as we speak, although, their application is still pending with the Fcc (dont know why). Maybe, Alarmroom could let us know
if he has any info?

wesct

wesct

wesct said:
Glastonbury should be working on their system as we speak, although, their application is still pending with the Fcc (dont know why). Maybe, Alarmroom could let us know
if he has any info?

wesct

Update: I heard several testing transmissions today. It sounds like the voter system is working better. I will try to contact officer Durkin on thursday.

wesct

Last edited:

bearweiman

Premium Subscriber
thanks for update. What do you mean by the voter system and what frequencies were they testing on.

wesct

bearweiman said:
thanks for update. What do you mean by the voter system and what frequencies were they testing on.

They were testing on their current frequencies:

ch 1 856.9625 dpl 025
ch 2 856.7625 dpl 025

a voter is a signal strength comparator. It connects to the site that has the best signal strength.

Glastonbury currently has 3 sites- 2 are full repeaters and 1 is a receive only voter.

1 Main st at the police dept: full repeater
2 Birch Mountain rd: full repeater
3 the Veterans Hospital in Rocky Hill: voter receiver only

The upgrade that the town is going to:

1 New repeaters at main st and Birch Mountain rd
2 The veterans Hospital site moved to the water tank and made into a full repeater
3 A new site added at the end of Kinne rd
4 New mobile radios in all of the cars that are p25 and encryption capable
5 The Fire dept is receiving new equipment as well.
6 New microwave links are being setup as well.
7 A new voter as well
Taxpayers money at work....

wesct

Chris0381

Well Glastonbury has joined the digital trend. For some reason Meriden was silent last night and wonder if its gone digital yet or when it will join Glastonbury. Looks like a Pro-96 is the way to go soon.

wesct

Chris0381 said:
Well Glastonbury has joined the digital trend. For some reason Meriden was silent last night and wonder if its gone digital yet or when it will join Glastonbury. Looks like a Pro-96 is the way to go soon.

What frequency(s) for Meriden are you listening to?

wesct

Chris0381

Im listening to Merdiden 855.5125 and its pretty hard to get from were I am. Sometimes it comes in and sometimes its as if it doesnt exist. I took a ride out to Wallingford today and it finally came in so it isn't digital yet but compared to Middletown, NB, HRTFD, Berlin, Cromwell, Meriden appears very quiet and am sure there more activity going on in Meriden than what appears to be happening on the scanner. I used to live there for 14 yrs.

wesct

Update on Glastonbury Fire:
The application for the Fire Dept was approved on May 12, 2006. (I didnt see this one)
The application for the Police Dept is still pending.

Frequencies for Glastonbury Fire
452.4500 Main Dispatch channel

wesct

bearweiman

Premium Subscriber
Update

I heard Glastonbury Police testing last night at about 7:30pm for about 15min. and then everything went silent. I sure hope they hurry up and start using there digtal system because without it I cant pick anything up where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.