Glastonbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesct

New thread for Glastonbury.

Glastonbury Police was heard testing the digital part of their upgrades last Saturday. Now that i have a radio i can listen to, i will try to monitor a little more often.

As of yesterday, there has been no movement on the changes of their license.

If anybody has info, this is the thread to post in.

wesct

Last edited:

mas90guru

Premium Subscriber
Appears to be APCO 25 with some encoded transmissions and this morning is the first time I've heard them transmitting. Now to see if APCO solves their issue at reaching the hills and dead spots.

bearweiman

Premium Subscriber
I have a Pro 2096 Are they using the same freqencies and do I need to put the frequencies in a certin channel or any channel.

wesct

bearweiman said:
I have a Pro 2096 Are they using the same freqencies and do I need to put the frequencies in a certin channel or any channel.

Yes, Glastonbury is using the same frequencies.

No, I dont beleive it matters what channel you put them in.

wesct

wesct

Ok it looks like Glastonbury is full time P25. The 396 is also displaying "lnk" which tells me that the new site(s) might be up and running. I will try to find out if the system has been moved to the water tower as well.

wesct

mas90guru

Premium Subscriber
I saw a few transmissions listed as ENC which I am guessing is encrypted. I will make a more concerted effort to monitor over the next few days. I will be extremely curious to see if moving to digital cures their dead spots in the outer reaches. I haven't followed the whole changeover so perhaps they've added towers/repeaters as well.

I'm close enough that I may walk over and close call them for a while.

wesct

mas90guru said:
I saw a few transmissions listed as ENC which I am guessing is encrypted. I will make a more concerted effort to monitor over the next few days. I will be extremely curious to see if moving to digital cures their dead spots in the outer reaches. I haven't followed the whole changeover so perhaps they've added towers/repeaters as well.

I'm close enough that I may walk over and close call them for a while.

yes, they have added sites.

1 birch mountain rd
2 police dept on main st
3 # Rocky Hill on the water tower (converted from a voter receiver only to a full repeater)
4 #apple hill (end of kinne rd)
# denotes new site

the new system is simultaneous transmit on all sites. their signal at my house has gone from noisey to half scale.

wesct

Last edited:

bearweiman

Premium Subscriber
I live in East Hampton CT and I am maimly hearing the cars more then the dispatcher. I have a pro 2096 scanner. Do I just have to program in 856.9625 and 856.7625 or do I have to change the mode from fm to motorola. I do not know if I am programming them right.

jmanct18

Can I still hear Them?

Can I still hear Glstonbury Police on my Radio shack Pro 97 sscanner? on
856.9625 and 856.7625 or i cant anymore?

Joe

wesct

jmanct18 said:
Can I still hear Glstonbury Police on my Radio shack Pro 97 sscanner? on
856.9625 and 856.7625 or i cant anymore?

Joe

the pro 97 is not a digital scanner, so, no you wont hear glastonbury anymore.

wesct

bobmich52

Glastonbury Iz Digital For Sure.

Wuz Near The JTM Site Today, Heard them, But At Times It Wuz Almost Unentelligible, Needs Some Tweaks For Sure.

wesct

well it looks like that Glastonburys modification(s) to its license has been returned by the FCC. I would expect to see a special temporary authority applied for in the next few days.

wesct

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
Some encrypted communications on channel 1 tonite. Anyone know if they're going to ENC full time? I've been hearing mostly digital but spurts of ENC lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.