Glendale Beeline System

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrowiz

I used my BCD396T in Close Call mode while I was on the Beeline and the bus broke down and the driver had to radio dispatch.The bus frequency is 459.5750,no PL tone.The dispatch frequency should be 5 MHz lower at 454.5750,no PL tone;but I haven't neard what I could verify as Beeline dispatch on that frequency yet.

transitman

Thanks for "being in the right place at the right time" especially with a scanner. I'll check the FCC Database for additional information such as licensee, service type and additional frequencies!!

transitman

Glendale Beeline Bus System Update

Last week while on vacation, I stopped in Glendale and attempted to determine the base frequency for the Beeline bus system. Using two scanners, I programmed the mobile frequency identified by poster "electrowiz" (459.575) into one scanner and set the second scanner to search the 454 frequency range and waited for the same conversation to be heard on both scanners. The second scanner stopped on 454.5625 and the next step was to determine the radio system mode. During a subsequent conversation, I toggled through the different modes and TG's in the LTR format were displayed. The LCN was 17. Unfortunately I was not able to identify the TG used by Beeline although transit related conversations were heard on TG's 0-17-115 and 0-17-116 but were related to buses departing the Blue Line station which the Beeline does not serve. If someone monitoring this frequency can identify the Beeline TG, please post it.

Also, the FCC Database does not contain any information for this frequency although the option to include expired licenses was checked. Any comments related to this situation are welcomed.

transitman

Interesting information. First time I've seen UHF frequencies with 5 decimal places (6.25 kHz's spacing?). I'm surprised that this information is not in the FCC Database. Does anyone out there in radio land know why? Thanks for responding!

Status
Not open for further replies.