Glendale, CA Police Listening Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

I am local and listen to the Glendale, CA. Police PD on the ICI system all the time. I hear all of the talk groups but one. It is TGID 2065 for the Car to Car channel. I have it programmed but have never heard any chatter on it. Does anyone know if it is used? Do all the radios in the cars have the capability to select this channel? I know my antenna is OK as I have heard units well out of Glendale on the other channels. Thanks, Bob.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Alot agencies use Zello.

In Phoenix the talk channels are heavily used, but encrypted.

BobFam

Thanks. I have no idea what Zello is but as far as I know Glendale, CA uses the P25 system and so far a are not encrypted. Bob.

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
Hey Bob, I also scan GPD, Verdugo, and a lot of departments but Car 2 Car never does get used. I've seen Inside of many GPD cars and the mobile radios inside do not have the car 2 car channel on its usually a tac channel.

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
My best guess would be if units are trying to send a quick message to a certain unit they would say "Lincoln 11 switch to C2C"

BobFam

I have lis tened to Glendale PD fo r a long time. I have never heard the C2C talkgroup or any mention of C2C communications. Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.