glendale police dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapon1

hello, I have a question about my bcd396t. I made the switch over to the new digital tgid and switched the base to the new frequency as well, for some reason I am only receiving 50 % of the calls from dispatch . I have checked for any locked out channels, I have checked all the frequencies and tgid and it seems to be all in order. I was wondering if anything else can cause it to do what its doing. I also have full bars on the reception. any advice will be greatly appreciated .

THANK YOU.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Glendale is P25? If it is, many departments using P25 are encrypting the initial dispatch and then some of the tactical communications during calls. That may be what is happening, but I don't know for sure. A couple of agencies in my are are doing intermittent encrypted transmissions.

karldotcom

No, Glendale Dispatch is straight digital. They use encryption on detective and sometimes on their SWAT call outs.

If you are only receiving "half the calls", you likely have the wrong base frequencies set up for that system.....or have thrown every city into one system, which doesn't work either.

Last edited:

snapon1

karl thank you for the info. i managed to fix the problem. i had forgot to add 3 frequencies thus causing the scanner to olny recive some calls. thanks for all the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.