Glenville PD - Channel 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken-995

Hi,
Anyone know what Glenville PD is using for what they refer to as "channel 4"? Usually used for car-to-car - started within the last few months... It seems to be low power (or non-repeatered) because they can't always communicate.

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
Hi Ken:

I am in Schenectady (grew up in Glenville) and I monitor them quite often. I will have to pay more attention for that.

I also listen to Glenville and Scotia most of the time. They started using 851.1875 last fall and put up a couple more antenna's on some fixed structures. Not what they were expecting. They still use 855.2125 both using same pl D265. Some day they might have seperate dispatches. I have used signal stalker and close call in different area's and haven't come across anything else.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Glenville PD F-4 is their old VHF extender frequency of 155.490 MHz. They will be putting a base station on the air very soon and use it as a backup in case of an issue with the 800 system.

Speaking of the 800 system, yesterday was the start of the cutover to the new radio system. All of the new sites are on the air simulcasting 851.1875 MHz. but the tone has changed from a DCS of 265 to a CTCSS of 91.5 Hz. The added sites are to help cover the vast majority of the town. The patch through to Scotia PD (855.2125 / DCS 265) will remain on the air but I believe the scuttle is to re-program Scotias radios to add the Glenville channel, and make Glenville PD the primary channel for both. The Scotia village channel will be a 'private' or backup for SPD if needed.

Kevin

Ken-995

Sounds good. Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I did have that frequency in the scanner and I do use a roof mount ground plane. (been monitoring Glenville for 15 years). Perhaps they were out of range (the few times I tried to catch them). I knew the radio system was undergoing modifications but did not have any of the details...

Next time I will try to go to that channel in manual mode and pop open the squelch...

Ken

D

DaveNF2G

Let me know if you get a PL. All I hear on that frequency is Mechanicville PD, using 82.5.

Let me know if you get a PL. All I hear on that frequency is Mechanicville PD, using 82.5.

Works great !!! I'm glad that Kevin gave us a head's up on the new pl change to 91.5 Hz. I've been listening to 851.1875 Mhz./ pl265 for a few months now since they added it. But I went away for a couple day's. When I came back I wouldn't have heard it, I'm glad I read the thread.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
On the older radios (used for the mobile repeaters) they were running CSQ. The base station that was recently set up (but I dont believe installed yet) is set for 110.9 Hz. This is for 155.490 MHz. I mean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.