Gloucester County 700 Mhz P25 Phase 2 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeangelo101

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone know why the online scanner feed has been down? Is anyone able to set up a feed of just Gloucester county? I know there are a bunch of people wishing for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scopetek_ins

Gloucester County Encryption

Hello everyone,
I just purchased a Uniden Homepatrol II as I couldn't get any police anymore on my BC250D.
I'm really only interested in police listening and it looks like all of Gloucester county police is encrypted now. I tried to pick up Philadelphia police but can't get anything. I don't know if it's the stock antenna or what. I also tried Cumberland county and Vineland with the same results. Did I make a bad purchase considering my listening interests or am I doing something wrong in programming the scanner? I updated the RR DB but still no help. Anyone have any thoughts to offer?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,
I just purchased a Uniden Homepatrol II as I couldn't get any police anymore on my BC250D.
I'm really only interested in police listening and it looks like all of Gloucester county police is encrypted now. I tried to pick up Philadelphia police but can't get anything. I don't know if it's the stock antenna or what. I also tried Cumberland county and Vineland with the same results. Did I make a bad purchase considering my listening interests or am I doing something wrong in programming the scanner? I updated the RR DB but still no help. Anyone have any thoughts to offer?

I'm guessing you're located in Gloucester county somewhere. To hear Philly you'll need to be located towards the western part of Gloucester county closer to the river. You will probably need a better antenna also tuned for 800MHz. For Cumberland county pretty much the same thing except most of that area is on VHF with the exception of Vineland. If you are setup at your house an outdoor antenna feed with quality coax as high up as you can get it should improve reception a lot.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 805 is the Animal Control Unit " its get the cat at somewhere and a dog is running around bua bua bua"
Also have a 807 but I have figured out what that is yet.

KD2BNC

Premium Subscriber
Nice! Thank you for the update on Tg805.
My hard drive that had months worth of Unitrunker logs died. The hours I spent tagging the system are gone as well. I'm moving on to OP25 on Linux anyway since it can do phase iI systems. In the meantime I am simply enjoying my BCD436HP. Nice little radio.

scopetek_ins

Gloucester County Encryption

Thanks for the response SkyPilot. With Gloucester County and Camden County Law now encrypted and the fact that I live in Williamstown it looks like buying this scanner was a bad decision unless I put up an outside antenna, which I really don't feel like doing. Broadcastify offers Philly and many more interesting cities to listen to without spending a dime on gear. I don't think it will be long until almost all police frequencies are encrypted. It's a shame as that's where the action is. Listening to EMS doesn't do it for me. Cheers!

camco911

Premium Subscriber
Other then the Digital Fire Ground freq's, are there any Analog FG Freq's? And if so, can someone post them?

KD2BNC

Premium Subscriber
Good question. I was thinking about this over the weekend. I actually have the same question about Gloucester as well the surrounding counties. I would love to know what I can program in my BC780XLT so it doesn't just sit there collecting dust. The database doesn't clearly indicate if a given frequency is actually being used.

As far as I can tell almost everything in the database for Gloucester County analog is almost no longer used. I know my local FD has pretty much abandoned their locally owned frequency that was shared with the police and public works. Only PW may be using it at this point and I have no interest in any of that.

Maybe somebody can chime in with specific info.

In the meantime I'll load up the full database for GC analog that's listed in radio reference and see what is still active.

Also, anybody looking ro listen to P25 Phase II on the cheap should look into OP25 on Linux with a RTL Stick. Absolutely amazing software with superb decoding quality. Royal pain In the a$$ to setup but worth it in the end. Extreme patience required.

bstanleyWFD

In my own personal experience with the new system, and my understanding...everything is officially obsolete, however they will continue to Dispatch on the UHF/VHF system for now due to the fact that no pagers currently on the market that I'm aware of will operate on the P25 Phase II tone system. When the 500mhz license officially ends, they will strictly dispatch on the 154mhz channel and continue to patch it through the P25. I believe SJ Net will also continue to be patched as well.

KD2BNC

Premium Subscriber
No P25 Phase II pagers yet but they will be here soon. The P25 pagers for phase I are running around $800 per unit. They run off of talk groups which make the tones from the Zetron encoder a relic of the past.

On a side note the tone dispatch system simply will not work with P25 Phase II due to the vocoder noise cancelation algorithms.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
G4 pagers are available now. Quite costly but nice. They also work very well as a phase II scanner. Though it only has 64 channel capacity it is an alternative if your scanner is suffering from LSM distortion.

KOB909

Scanner type for the 700 in Gloucester

Just a quick question I know they were on the 500. Would and 800mhz cover the Gloucester County police fire and ems. I see on the scanner app on my phone it shows Gloucester and Atlantic and hearing Atlantic Counties Pd s as we as the Gloucester Fire and ems. Also wondering if anyone and tell me where I could find a used scanner to cover Gloucester county thanks. Ken

adeangelo101

Premium Subscriber
You won't hear any Gloucester county police department, they are encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W2SJW

Database Admin
Franklinville isn't a town, it's an unincorporated part of Franklin Twp.

And yes, ALL law enforcement in the county is encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.